1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I was just WRONGFULLY TERMINATED.........

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macho GRANDE, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

:( Sorry...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhsTmiK7Q2M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhsTmiK7Q2M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He's in Minnesota...

3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Fire-at-will has never been in play at the company. :confused:

Being in a management position there for the last 7 years I've never been able to term anyone without boatloads of documentation (lpredetermined set goals, warnings, write-up, final write-up) unless it was a theft, conduct, or harrasment issue.

Job performance terminations are not at-will at my former place of employment.
    Maybe because it's headquartered in another state????

We'll see and I'll keep you guys informed.
    Wish me luck.

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Know your rights.

Talk to an attorney.

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Did you have an employment contract for a set term? Assuming you work in the state you have in your profile, unless you had a contract, it doesn't matter why they fired you:

http://www.doli.state.mn.us/termination.html