1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was getting so excited for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Oct 4, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

which makes it all the more surprising, now if it was reduction it would make a lot more sense. Can't be hauling an extra limb everywhere you go.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're right. The point is everybody figured it out and have already moved to the last stage of grief, which is acceptance.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Honestly, keeping McHale was almost as bad as missing out on Bosh. I still have no idea why Morey did it.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

Honestly, keeping McHale was almost as bad as missing out on Bosh. I still have no idea why Morey did it.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Honestly guys do you honestly think you know better than Morey?

btw have you ever had have any bad habits... I mean those little things that people often do even they know they shouldnt, but somehow still do it all the time?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The first one was JR Smith

8. alethios

alethios Member

It's not likely McHale will be here past this season if they fail to escape the 1st round this time. More so if they McFail to make the playoffs. But if they succeed in the playoffs, we may be stuck with him for a few more seasons.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You guys are going to be in for a pretty big let down when McHale is replaced and it doesn't magically solve all of our problems.

He really isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

10. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Even if he "isn't as bad," coaches are similar to players in the aspect that you need good ones to succeed. We're always looking to upgrade players. There's no reason why we shouldn't upgrade the coach. Even if it isn't bad, he certainly isn't good. That alone is reason enough to fire him.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

McHale does what Morey wants. I called it a long time ago. Why would he fire him? He's a great employee that has no say and is just taking the wrong orders to succeed. He's been a puppet all along and the real culprit is Morey. Cuban sticks his nose too but not that deep with Carlisle

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's not that we think we know better, it's that we think Morey is compromised on Mchale, cyberx even alluded to it...

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

J.R. used to be hfs09 or something like that.

OP is the true JR

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good to see that you can see that I see you can finally see. You've been set free.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

But does the JR in the OP even bench, breh?

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

The thing is the Spurs don't undervalue the impact of coaching or outright dismiss it as Morey does...

The Spurs have a balanced approach that combines the best of both worlds... while Morey arrogantly repudiates or simply ignores everything outside of what can be statistically measured on the court... hence... the former's great success, and the latter's consistent mediocrity...

1 person likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Spurs also have arguably one of the greatest coaches ever if not the greatest. Popovich in my eyes has proven he's a better coach than even PJ. He won without a dominating super star. He won without a single ball dominant player. It was a thing of beauty.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dumb post. Really dumb.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

larsv, your ardent fascination with, and avid defense of what is substandard is no secret to this forum...

1 person likes this.
  20. steady

steady Member

O

I have tried to feel good about McHale but I just can't..

It's not just Popovich... almost any coach in NBA, I would rather have than McHale.

I will rant now than never mention this again during regular season:
    -he seems to care more for his survival on the team than the team's performance
    -he caters to powerful players like Harden and can't discipline them
    -he plays favorites
    -he never takes responsibility, so how can he be an example for players to take responsibility
    -he doesn't seem like he has a solution or a plan or a strategy
    -it all just seemed too much for him during the playoffs ... it was like we were watching him unravel from all the pressure. how is that going to change?
    -he does not know how to manage players - he treats them like he is an outside commentator.

Sorry, I don't usually indulge in rants. But D12's comments about things being swept under the rug really got to me.