1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was at the game last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Truth, Feb 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Truth

Truth Member

I sat behind about 3 rows behind the goal. I sat there with my friend in amazement at how much contact goes on near the basket and there is nothing called. I see Shareef Adbur-Rahim blantantly lower his shoulder ram in it directly into Juwon's chest all in an effort to get closer to the basket.. and there was no call. The whole night I saw ALL KINDS of contact (no John Amechi) going on down there. It really was a shock to me. Anybody else been taken aback like this after their first time sitting that close to the action? - Brand0n

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

it's a physical game... and dont think for a second that it isn't going the other way as well.

3. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Basketball is a contact sport. Especially in the paint. WWE got nothing on Dikembe Mutombo

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I remember Artest driving to the basket and Battier just clobbered him from behind and both of them just crashed into a cameraman below the goal, Artest had a incredulous smile and screamed "GAWWWDAAAAMMNNN!!"

Reminds me of when OT and Hakeem roamed the paint, it was not for the faint of heart.

5. Pocket Rockets

i saw that play and laughed...did you see artests' reaction when he got hit in the head! he said f*** while he was running in the cameraman

6. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

how much did u pay for ur seats?

7. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

you should watch it up close..when yao plays...he gets hacked like crazy...even draws blood..and still no call..

8. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Yeah he sure does. I have season tickets in the lower bowl and in the beginning of the season would pay close attention to Yao working in the paint on both ends of the floor.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Those are 85 dollar seats for season ticket holders and 95 for an indivdual game if I remember correct