1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I WANT A ****ING CIGARETTE SO ****ING BAD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This thread was really about giving you guys an explanation for my ass behavior but I'm glad yet again to get such wonderful support from you gaggle of blowhard savants.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I worked at Apple. Say what you will about the iPhone, but it's a restrictive piece of turd that requires too much maintenance to be useful. It's really the best turd on any market minus Mac OS X Lion Server and Final Cut X. Those two turds are deliciously turd-like. So, be nice to the iPhone, there are only three smart phone OS's that are better.

Now onto Mack Brown: I'm not sure what you said, but take it back. Especially if you said something cruel like, he's not going to win a 2nd championship this year. He will, so you have to take a comment like this example, back.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey! I didn't say a word about Mack Brown, I just said Colt McCoy was soft and his stats were inflated by playing inferior defensive competition. But I digress.

4. cuddie

cuddie Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

moes hasn't been back since his epic meltdown. I'm starting to get slightly concerned.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Eh, taking a break from the board is probably the best for him. If any IRL disaster happened, we'd probably see it posted on here.

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i quit smoking about two months ago with chantix. didn't really have a desire to quit, but felt guilty for working out and smoking a pack a day. doc prescribed me the starter monthly pack in which i wasn't supposed to stop smoking during the first week. after that, it was fair game. this is the longest i've stopped smoking in the 15 years that i've had the habit. it's unlike the patch or gum where there's actual nicotine involved, but instead it works on the nicotine receptors.

right now (i don't know if this will always be the case), i have absolutely zero cravings. the only time that i think of a cigarette is when i do something in my daily routine that involved smoking... such as sitting outside at a coffee shop. the thought crosses my mind that "oh, yeah... i used to smoke right now", but i don't have the chance to obsess over it because the thought leaves without effort in ten to fifteen seconds without me realizing it.

before being prescribed this stuff, my doc told me it wasn't a miracle drug, but it seems that way to me. :)

yeah, moes... check with your doc. i've also heard some horror stories with chantix (stomach issues, worsening depression, and weight gain). i had some extremely vivid dreams while on the month supply (really trippy stuff), but again... it was only for a month.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

btw... hope you and batman get all of your schit straight. going back and reading some of these posts is downright depressing. addiction to mind-altering stuff is pretty effed up. ok... nvrmd... it's super effed up. family (myself included) has a history of it.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't want a cig so bad, but i quit smoking in January and it was hard. I cheated at my grandads funeral and since then I've had 15 cigarettes. I quit again 3 days ago.

Day 1-my body temperature was high, I was sweating all night.
    Day 2-same thing, but my body felt rundown, barely slept.
    Day 3-getting better but I feel like my body is begging for the nicotine.

Still nowhere as bad as the last time I quit. It pales in comparison and I should be good in a few days.

Good luck moes, I feel your struggle.