1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I WANT A ****ING CIGARETTE SO ****ING BAD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Stopped reading there because that's the only thing that matters in this entire thread. :eek: End of story. *FIN*[ley]

2. Nook

Nook Member

Did you really compare smoking a cigarette to contracting AIDS?

3. Remix

Remix Member

It's called Nicotine. You should try googling it. :rolleyes:

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I read there is a new self quitting drug called Krokodil. Users only use for about three years then quit cold turkey.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just remind yourself why you have quit.

What better gift for your child can you provide than being there?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Having a wife that a) hates the ever living **** out of them, yet b) never once made a big deal about me smoking (have only smoked one ever in front of her) makes it a lot easier. It's amazing how much you want to please someone when they're not naggy about it.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well if you knew me off the board like many posters here do, you'd figure out pretty quickly that I'm nothing like that and when I say things like that its all just part of the persona of the trollish, hangout-prescribed account that is moestavern19.

The silliness of being an internet "celebrity" is that is has no utility whatsoever in the real world, so you can make it whatever you want it to be.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good woman you got there.

My wife has too struggled with cigs. She quit for 7 years until Ike left her homeless and Nasa laid her off and she ended up back in Baytown where her entire family smokes like chimneys. That'll drive anyone to smoking and much worse.

As I said before, I'm quitting. I don't need a reason to quit. I have a million of those. I just think I needed to get a little dialog going on, or else I would have just continued being a colossal douchebag today.

9. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

I know you are watching the kid and all.......this helped when i got the cravings that drove me crazy.....

Pushups til you can't go anymore.........Situps until you can't go anymore.....

Repeat that a few times (as many as possible to build a sweat or heavy breathing) and it really kills the craving. Your mind is so focused on the pain and lack of lung use.......it has no choice!

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What really helps is just chilling in my beat lab, mixing some tracks, wailing on my Strat. But its hard to do that when the kiddo is sleeping right by

11. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Obviously I said it jokingly/for effect, but yeah

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Fair enough. I like you now.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You don't have to like me, a lot of people don't "get" me. But there are those who find it amusing, but mostly its just to amuse myself.

14. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

It sounds simple and stupid, but it's true: You'll quit when you're ready to quit.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

just rub one out.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Home alone? Kid asleep? What are you waiting for??

RUB ONE OUT!

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

i have a friend who would be anybody's choice as the last person to ever be able to quit smoking. he had been smoking for almost 20 years, and quit (a little electronic, a couple months of tapering off) almost a year ago, and hasn't picked up a cig of any sort in almost 6 months.

relapsing even once makes it infinitely harder and makes you question your will power, i'd imagine, but, if this guy can do it, believe me, anybody can.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Moes, get one of these things. Check out this amazing mix:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTx3G6h2xyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Headphones?

20. Hightop

Hightop Member

Greensmoke