1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

I WANT A ****ING CIGARETTE SO ****ING BAD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, I can always tell by your posting pattern what kind of day you're having. After reading the Apple and Mack Brown threads, I kind of saw this coming.

Relax, man. What is your kid doing right now? Why don't you go take him on a walk or something? That always helps me when I'm alone with my boys.

2. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

e-cigs......or just eat and get fat

3. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I don't understand anything about smoking, It doesn't get you high, it costs a lot, and it makes you smell like a bum's scrotum -- not to mention how rude and inconsiderate it is to everyone around you.

All it does is calm a craving you were stupid enough to infect yourself with. It's like getting AIDS just so you can take the cocktails.

2 people like this.
  4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I don't drink anymore either. You can't drink and have a young child, just doesn't work.

Made the mistake of having a couple of crown and cokes a while back.

Hangover + getting up with a kid at 3 AM = no bueno.

Anyone have a good E-cig recommend? I have the blu variety, but the water vapor dries my mouth out and makes me wake up with a sore throat.

5. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Stop acting like a vagina with two holes.

You are doing the right thing for everyone in that household.

6. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

blu is terrible, all my friends have the joy ego. look for brands where you can fill the cartridge with your own liquid nicotine.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And most of the time you hear "Well I started when I was 14 so it was hard to quit"

with me I didn't smoke until I was about 23, it was casual. Then I started smoking a lot more when I was drunk.

Once I started going through hard times after that I was up to a pack a day before I knew it. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet, plus if you have an oral fixation, an addictive personality, and/or brain chemistry issues you are about 80% more likely to become a smoker.

Last year I quit for 8 months. This year since the kid was born I have relapsed twice. The first time for 3 weeks until I came to my senses. This time it was about a month.

The E-cig does help, I just get sick of using the one I have because it tastes like **** and dries out my mouth.

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

I have never smoked before but this sort of holier than thou nonsense is annoying. First of all, it wasnt until a few decades ago that tobacco companies even acknowledged any health consequences and that too they used a lot of bull**** marketing for a while to make it look like they were "improving cigarettes"

Plus until recently they were pretty blatantly marketing to kids who are impressionable and don't think quite as rationally as you do as an adult. That's where a lot of smokers start. And its so addictive that once you start at a young age its hard to quit.

And we've been somewhat inconsistent with anti-smoking programs targeted at kids in this country. We could do better with that as well. I was fortunate enough to grow up with parents who didn't smoke and they made sure I knew the consequences. Not all kids are so lucky.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well its understandable because I was that person too, until I got sucked into it. It can be a quick fix to avoid your real issues when you're dealing with hard times.

My parents never smoked a day in their lives, my stepbrother did though, since he was 14 and I was always around it.

It is disgusting though, you feel like ****, you wake up and your chest feels ready to cave in, your clothes smell like it, your breath is God-awful and at any moment just one could send you into cardiac arrest if you have high blood pressure.

I don't need any reasons to quit, I am quitting.

I tend to take out my frustrations here on the forum rather than subjecting my family to it. Sorry I insulted your beloved Colt McCoy and iPhones.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

You're a loser with no willpower.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

:)

We're tough, we can take it, rage on till it passes.
    See ya on the other side.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I'm not a smoker...so I have no basis for my suggestions other than the "maybe this would work" idea in my mind. What methods have you tried moes? I've heard of people who tried the cold turkey method and found it too difficult...so they'd just go back to smoking. And I've heard of others who kept smoking but set out a schedule of cutting their cigarettes shorter and shorter over time so that they could more easily reduce their nicotine intake.

Just curious what you've tried. Maybe some of the cf collective might have a story or idea that might work.

Good luck!!!

13. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Holier than thou, maybe, but I've always felt like being subjected to it in public is more annoying than judging people for something so blatantly stupid.

Yeah, I agree with you, the companies marketing to kids is to blame for a lot of it, but you don't see people addicted to masturbation going around rubbing out in people's faces on bar patios.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you tried rubbing one out?

Seriously.

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Says the guy who is addicted to trying to flame me. When will you get it through your head tjat I do as I please here and you are a nobody.

Did I destroy your other moniker's reputation or something?

You sound like a coward, like maybe ryan17wagners alter ego. Am I getting warm?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've bought exactly three packs in the last 13 months, but will bum one if I'm out drinking or playing golf without the wife and kiddo around. They're leaving tonight for a week away and I'm contemplating buying another pack.

1 person likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

You are not a p***y..... you were stupid to ever start smoking, but I am sure every single person on the planet has told you that.

On a positive note, the Asian culture is heavily invested in the buisness of smoking, so perhaps you should unleash your wrath upon them.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

This is why people don't like you. You act like you own the board or have some type of status here that other's don't have. Not sure why you don't see that. You're a nobody just like the rest of us and if you would acknowledge and admit that, then I'd like you.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't know how you do that. I might bum one here and there, but if I end up buying a pack its over. I'll be right back on the horse.

AB - I'm puffing on a Blu right now. I just have my concerns about them.