1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I used to watch for the game winning shot, but now...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LewLLOYD, Dec 18, 2017.

1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I used to watch for a game winning shot,
    but now I watch for the ~20-0 run.

Usually a cliffhanger, to see if it comes in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter.

Tonight was dissapointing, the Rox really didn't have their stuff together.
    I mean, waiting until the 4th, cmon, trying to give me a heart attack or something.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

They need to have plan b always ready for when shots aren’t falling

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Great teams can close it out when it's tight. The Rockets have accomplished that repeatedly this season. They seem to have the ability this year to just turn on the afterburners and take off. I haven't seen anything like this in a long time.

4. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

plan b: keep shooting.

when you watch these guys notice no one, and i mean no one gets excited for a single shot to fall. they all fully expect a deluge.

5. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

if we had a capala clone, you know, to keep capela fresh, then we would of destroyed the jazz sooner.
    capela early was crushing them, but you can't expect clint to run like a gazelle all game, rebound, block shots, set screens and jump above the rim every play. we need to clone him. hmmm, if only we had another tall leaper who could rim protect in training. can you imagine when we get two of these guys, maybe by finals? prob next year though. like maybe an asian one who can also shoot threes, that would be ideal. any ideas?

in sum: plan B is big guy underneath, but capella is overtaxed methinks.
    didn't matter though, splash just lit em up tonight

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

and, geez had to wait until the 4th quarter tonight against the jazz for the deluge.

What the! is?! going?!? on?!@

its not like we are watching an individual player go crazy,
    these are not individual preformances.
    i mean, i know EG went bonkers tonight,
    sometimes its Harden or CP3,
    AND its not about that, its an onslought on repeat, as many interations as possible to instigate a deluge.

watch -- i suspect we get better at it.
    we will stop thinking, and just iterate. defence and decision and points, and repeat, three, dunk, three, three, dunk,
    didn't go it, don't worry, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, more interations during the game the better, and over and over...
    this is flippin interesting. its different. -- i think we ended basketball. its over. we solved it.
    people used to watch leapers and individual this and that. now its just our iterations toward the inevitable conclusion -- deluge.

good job harden, cp3, eric, clint, ariza, ryno, pj, luc, nene, tarik and d'antoni.
    and touche, morey. touche.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I find 20-0 runs are much more fun than game winning shots:D

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

There is something fun about putting the other team out of reach and watching them get demoralized. Even when they keep on fighting they still know they won't catch up.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Nice rocket pun.

10. Nivos

Nivos Member

We're starting to sound like the GS fans.
    Lets keep the humility and march on.
    On to the next one. Its a big uphill climb to the the top.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So the games are becoming...boring?

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

At any point, an 8 point deficit in the 4th quarter can become a 21 point victory.

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

After three losses in a row, I say w/o CP3, Luc, and/or Capela, we look mortal. Still good, but mortal even w/ Harden playing out of his mind.

Capela is necessary for inside game offensively, Luc adds that last bit of defensive pressure in combo w/ PJ, Ariza and CP3. And, of course, CP3 keeps the offensive pressure on while Harden rests, also facilitates a balanced attack.

Its the continued pressure that we can apply, rather than any one particular player’s elite play— its the continual defensive pressure, the 48 minutes of elite point guard play (where both Harden and CP3 get rest), the continual threes coming from seemingly all directions (multiple players), its the combination of all of this that eventually breaks the other team and we deluge to the tune of absurd point differential in a single quarter.

W/o CP3, Anderson seems unused in terms of his specialized skillset. W/o Capela, Harden’s interior assists are less of a threat, although still a threat. And when Luc and PJ come in together they change the game inspiring Harden or whoever else is on the floor to also crank up the defense. W/ just PJ it looks like just PJ playing defense.

I’m tired of seeing all our pieces play harder, try harder, and struggle. I want to see all the pieces mesh again, everyone do their thing, and just crack the other team. Get healthy Rox!

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And there's the jinx