1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think this is the first time that I have no interest in the Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, May 31, 2018.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only reason I can even think of to watch is to appreciate Lebron's greatness as he single highhandedly battles 4 all-stars. But I mean, that's really not enough motivation for me. Warriors in 4 is pretty much a given. The Cavs, outside of Lebron, just suck too bad for this to be a competitive series.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My only interest in the finals is for them to hurry up and get over so we can get through the first part of the offseason and I can decide how much attention to pay next year. That's it.

I've watched probably 20 minutes of the finals total.

DonKnock, da_juice and vince like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Felt that way in 1997. Last time I thought we had a shot before this year. -shrug-. Sweep and get it over with, GSW.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The brief couple of minutes that I saw made me sick. The way the Warriors celebrate is just beyond nauseating. Act like you have been there before. Stephanie Curry is such a hot dog...

justtxyank likes this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

Especially after game one for me I think that game pretty much ended any hope of it being a close series...shoutout to the refs

justtxyank likes this.
  6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Interested in Warriors destroying the Cavs and sweeping them.

Don't want our superstar playing more than 4 games.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Total minutes I've watch the finals? About 7. I watched from the ref fixed reversal to JR's brain fart and maybe 2 minutes of game 2.

8. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

This is the most ridiculous thread. Come on, people! Watch the Finals. LeBron James is easily the best of his generation, and the Golden State Warriors are talented beyond belief. So what you are disappointed the Rox didn't make it. Upset also that they were "robbed" by the officials? That's basketball my friends... This isn't a math competition. This sport relies on humans, all of whom make mistakes and get it wrong sometimes. That goes with the territory. We had our chance. We will be back. Now quit being so butt-hurt and watch some ball! Get over it, ladies!

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I watched Game 1 because I felt LeBron was going to have an epic performance to try to steal the first game. I was glad I watched that game because he truly did. Of course the JR Smith gaff, Hill missing the FT and the refs again made it tough to watch. I was actually shocked to see the refs still siding egregiously with the Warriors. I figured they would get some calls because its home court but they got some really crucial calls going their way (or more importantly which has now become the MO of the refs a lot of fouls that were not called that benefited them)

I didnt watch game 2 because I figured after that demoralizing loss the Warriors were going to cruise now, I have no idea when game 3 or 4 is but I'll probably watch game 4 assuming GS has a 3-0 lead because it feels like its going to be LeBron's last game in Cleveland as a Cav so that has some interesting potential for me. Even if the Cavs win that game I dont see them beating GS back in Oakland in game 5.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're telling us to watch the finals when most of us all just did. GS vs Hou was the real finals. this nba finals is fake. theres nothing left to watch. all i see the next day on social media is another Cleveland L. what a surprise. season was over after the game 7 as far as im concerned.

vince and BigShasta like this.
  11. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

What does that mean, the NBA Finals is "fake"? You are saying that because Cleveland has lost the first two games this series is "fake"? I guess you did not see game 1, where Cleveland played GS head-to-head and was a whisker away from winning it. You do know that Cleveland lost the first two games of its last series, right? And you do know that when Cleveland played the Warriors in the 2016 Finals, it lost its first two games, (and fell down 1-3), before taking the series and the title, right? If you are a basketball fan, the series is still worth watching...

If, on the other hand, you are a butt-hurt Rockets fan who obsesses over one team more than you love the sport of basketball, then your reaction is completely understandable. Don't be that guy, folks. There may never be another guy like LeBron. Watch the series . . . for love of the Game!

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

its fake bc is not bw the two best teams in the league and its well noted what happened in game 7. again the real nba finals just happened two weeks ago if you happened to actually watch. you can call it butthurt or whatever you want. its a fake nba finals. who cares about game 1. it was another lebron 50 pt effort carrying this bad cleveland team only to come up with an L once again. how many times have we watched that rerun. being a basketball fan has nothing to do with it. You watch the game in hopes to be entertained and watch actual competition. Theres nothing competitive about one team severely over matching the other and knowing what the end result will be. if you actually had hope that this cavs team had any chance of beating GS, you were absolutely kidding yourself. They would have to rig the game even worse than game 7 for that to happen. 2016 has 0 to do with this GS team. GS is playing a pickup game compared to what they had to go up against in the previous 2 weeks. you make it sound like lebron is retiring. nothing to see

#132 YOLO, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  13. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    I don't know what you have been watching. The first game went to overtime. That's a "pickup" game? The second was competitive through the third quarter. And I am betting the next two games will be entertaining/competitive in Cleveland. Golden State has its days when it blows out everyone. Remember the last series? Rockets lost by 39 and 41 points respectively in two games. Lets see what comes of this series.

Also, hate to tell you but there is no guarantee that the league's best two teams make the Finals--only that the best teams in the conference do. That happened here. We lost. Refs jammed us, yes, but we shot 27 consecutive threes without a make. We lost.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

overtime? no way. what happened in OT? blown away...

nothing to see. Cleveland is losing. who cares

15. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

Suit yourself.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is it OK with you if I limit myself to watching 100 two-hour Rockets games a year and let the other teams slide?

AstroRocket and rgw20014life like this.
  17. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I have very little interest. But it has nothing to do with thinking that refs screwed us (which I don't think is the case).

It's just that this matchup is not even remotely close on paper

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

My interest in the NBA has been waning for about 15 years now. I still keep up and tune into the Rockets but the league has had a “rigged” feel to it for a while now. Also, the NBA pass package back then allowed me to see how so many teams, who weren’t in contention, would not even try. Games not on national tv seemed like the players barely cared sometimes. There was also that off putting problem of all the great players being buddies and showing it during all star games and less important regular season games. Even in the playoffs sometimes.

My wife loves the nba. She loves the drama. It’s really geared more for kids and women now.

da_juice likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I haven't watched the games or even highlights and don't intend on watching any of them.

DonKnock and Sadboy like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Is it over yet ?!

I haven't watched a single second.

DonKnock likes this.