1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i think my neighbor is stealing my gas...need advice for revenge scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jo mama, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

It does NOT matter if he has proof. If the guy didn't do it, then no harm is done because the watered down gas stays in the can behind his backyard. If they guy did do it, then the proof is in his car breaking down.
    It's not like he's actively pouring the watered down gas down the guys tank. He's letting the guy hang himself basically.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im not the one ruining anyones car. the person who steals the gas can full of water out of someones back yard is ruining their own car.

im not causing any damage. im not doing anything illegal. im storing a can of water in my private backyard. im not responsible for what others do with it.

so you think im a dick for leaving a can of water in my back yard in hopes that the thief steals it and messes up their car, but you think its ok for me to go take a crap on their doorstep or destroy their property?

do you not see how asinine that is, especially considering that i have zero proof that he is the thief?

and im the dick?:confused:

3. jo mama

exactly - people are acting like im going over and opening up his gas tank and dumping something in there myself. even if i knew with 100% certainty that he was guilty i wouldnt do that.

but i guess its ok for me to take a dump on his porch and destroy his property?

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

I get it. However, the whole premise behind the revenge is, despite lack of actual proof, he "knows" this guy did it (and again, I agree the guy probably did it) and is setting the trap for him to cause him a lot more damage than he caused the OP.

Also, SOMEONE (if not the neighbor) is stealing his gas obviously, so whoever it is, is going to end up suffering a lot more damage than what the OP did.

I say get proof (on whoever is doing it) and then take your equal measures (whether it is law enforcement or whatever).

5. codell

You are being obtuse here. Again, you know who is stealing your gas. Your suggestion is calculated. You are setting a trap. You are not putting water in the gas tank for the heck of it, you are doing it so the next time he steals your gas, they cause damage to their car.

Yes, not illegal. But are you, by contaminating the fuel, not trying to cause damage to his car? Answer that honestly.

You are not destroying property by damaging his car (even indirectly)?

Poop can be cleaned at no cost (besides some water, paper towels, etc), bushes can be replanted (for free) and toilet paper can be cleaned up (hey the guy doesn't work, so it costs him nothing to clean that up). :)

I believe there was a thread years ago, that got quite the reaction from cat owners over the use of certain methods that some use to keep neighbor's pets out of their yard. Spraying a cat with stinky water would be the least "dick" think I could ever think of. That cat wasn't hurt nor was my neighbor, but both were effectively deterred.

6. codell

And for the record Jo Mama, I apologize for calling you a dick. That was out of line. I as an auto claims adjuster, I am sensitive to "vandalism" to people's cars (even if it is indirectly). Hope you forgive me.

1 person likes this.
  7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

“Distrust anyone in whom the desire to punish is powerful” - Friedrich Nietzsche

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there some way you could get another gas can and rig it up so that it is impossible to pick up? I thinking like the quarter glued to the cement gag. Somehow fasten that thing to the ground and when he comes over and tries to grab it, he can't. He feels like an idiot and KNOWS that you know he is doing it, so maybe he stops. If you feel like it, setup a camera to record the whole thing and parlay it into money when the resulting Youtube video gets a million hits.

9. Asian Sensation

I just realized how ghetto this story really is if your neighbor is indeed stealing your gas. Who does that?!

10. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

All i have to say is 2 wrongs dont make a right

11. jo mama

i never said i "know" the guy did it. in fact, i have said the exact opposite. that although i strongly suspect, i cant prove crap. dont misquote me - only a dick would misquote others.

and how exactly do i get "proof" short of spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars to set-up a surveillance system?

12. jo mama

yes, that is exactly what im doing. but again, im not ruining anyones car. if someone makes the choice to steal something that doesnt belong to them and it causes damage to their property than that is their fault.

ive been honest throughout this entire thread. i dont know how many more times i can say it or how much clearer i can possibly be - HELL YES, i want to leave a contaminated can of fuel out so the next time a thief steals from me it will cause them damage. that was the whole damn point of starting this thread. ive never said otherwise. what is wrong with you?

i am not destroying anyones property or car. if a person makes a choice to steal from someone else and it causes them damage it is entirely on them.

apology accepted.

#152 jo mama, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. jo mama

and out of the 10 or so people i have talked to in real life every single one of them is on my side and says my actions are not only justified, but necessary.

they have actually convinced me to use bleach instead of water, as it will cause more damage.

but thanks for all your opinions you ninnies!:p

14. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

so did you actually do anything to retaliate? or are you just arguing the validity of your suspicion on the internets?

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that's great e. and posting your intent to destroy someones property on the internetz is such a great idea.

buy a lock box. it's not that hard.

16. jo mama

going to set it up next time i need gas for my lawnmower and have to go guy a new gas can.

but as ive already said, its not like the day i put it out its going to get swiped. it could be a month or six. or maybe he figured after stealing the entire tank he should probably not try again.

and i wasnt trying to argue anything. i didnt ask for anyones opinion on whether they thought it was right or wrong. i was simply asking for the best method to sabotage a serial gas-thief.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

OP, your neighbor is a thief. Plain and simple.

[​IMG]

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

19. jo mama

"I could crush him like an ant. But it would be too easy. No, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time until ... Oh, what the hell. I'll just crush him like an ant."

[​IMG]

20. jo mama

"f*** with me and ill f*** with you"

-the jesus and mary chain