1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i think my neighbor is stealing my gas...need advice for revenge scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jo mama, Oct 13, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like great advice. jo mama?

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Do something that would prove it's him, but not harm his car. Teach him a hard lesson, but don't ruin his life, I guess.

When it's proven to be him, call him out on it.

3. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Here’s you should do.

1 buy two identical gas cans.
    2 make sure one gas can does not have any of your finger prints
    3 Fill up this gas can with what ever you want with.
    4 have the other gas can ready to go just in case you are accuse of any wrong doing (like him lying that you let him barrow some gas.) and just pull it out.
    :confused::cool:

4. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

sorry

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

to teach thieves not to steal.

i disagree - seeing a thief get what coming to them will bring me great pleasure.

i have pointed out multiple times how stupid and pointless that would be since i cant prove a damn thing and they would deny anyway.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wow. really? what happens when the OP puts a lock on the fence and his gas is still getting stolen? should he then shell out money to build a shed? why should he have to inconvenience himself because of some a-hole that has no respect for other people's property? as a thief, you deserve what's coming to you.

i find it hilarious that people would suggest talking to him. whether he's guilty or not, he's going to go ape**** because of the accusation which will only make things worse. if one's a thief, then he's also a liar. you can't reason with them.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Still the best suggestion in this thread.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it does, but that can of cleaner is probably more expensive than a little gas/water combo. im trying to extract revenge in the most economical manner possible.

plus, i dont want to do anything that would actually help the thief like an engine cleaner.

the diesel is a great idea, but im going to to the water w/ a little gas thing and just leave that can sitting in the usual spot.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I say put a bit of rat poison in the can and watch his car die.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Most definitely.
    Let him know he know that if he didn't buy it, it isn't his. And if it isn't on his property, it isn't his. Just talk to him about it. That's my advice.

1 person likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sounds like you're talking about a 9-year old. He's a grown man, not a 1st grader.

He's a LOSER who sends his wife to work so he can sit on his ass and play video games all day. He steals gas from his neighbor's porch. Very strange to have so many people in this thread feel sorry for him.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you would think the neighbor is the victim.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

just get a lockable box for outside and keep your gas in it. you don't wan the bad karma associated with revenge

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

do you leave your house unlocked when you leave?

the revenge aspect aside, why the **** wouldn't you lock up your stuff if it's being stolen? that's just r****ded.

15. RAY_GORDON_REID

TRANSMISSION RAY REPLY jo mama

DATE BALTIMORE MARYLAND 21201 TIME 1052 AM

RAY GORDON REID SEND HIM THREATFUL TRANSMISSION RE: GASOLINE STEALING

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That was sarcasm, ima. Do I have to SwoLy up all my posts for people to understand that :)

17. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

lol wtf???

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I meant to reply to the post you were replying to....which, oddly enough, I don't think is sarcasm...

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

I am sorry. There is something that is grossly inequitable about ruining someone's car, and therefore, possibly preventing the sole bread winner in the family from getting to work to earn what little money they have (regardless of whether the man's laziness contributes to it), ESPECIALLY when you say you have no proof (and for the record, based on what you say, I have no reason to suspect he isn't the one that stole your gas).

If confronting him over the situation is "pointless", then causing him at least 100x times the damage he caused you, seems equally "pointless".

Look, I am not above revenge and those on here that know me know I have little tolerance for thieves, under any circumstances, so I am not defending anything this guy may have done. If you are going to take your revenge when you have no proof, then at least do something equitable to what he has done to you. Drop a steaming turtle head on his door, throw some toilet paper in his trees, or yank out one of his bushes, but there is no reason to try and possibly ruin the family.

Example: I had an issue a few years ago with my neighbor's cat soiling my backyard, killing birds (leaving them for my dogs), etc. It was just an irritant, but it wasn't ruining me. So, next time Fluffy was in my yard, I turned on on the sprinklers to my aerobic septic system, which soaked him pretty good before he could retreat. Well, Fluffy is also an indoor cat also, so I imagine my neighbor got a good whiff once he came in for the night. I have rarely seen Fluffy in my yard since (especially after I told my neighbor that I saw his cat run through my sprinkler system and that he may have gotten soaked). Problem solved (mostly). In my opinion, that is equitable revenge. :)

#139 codell, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

This guy is a leach.........'talking' to him would be your second biggest mistake (after asking revenge advice on the Internet).