1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

I Think It's Time to Explore Trade Options for Lin This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Should the Rox Explore Trade Options for Lin in the Summer if His Minutes Continue to Go Down?

1. Yes

314 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

294 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Heh, this is could be true.

It was said that Les was beyond angry at Morey the first time.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So if Lin plays it's because McHale doesn't know how to sub players and if Lin isn't playing it's because McHale doesn't trust him.

As Bill Worrell would say, he can't even do wrong right in your eyes.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Last I checked, we are the youngest team in NBA. We never had a veteran PG on our roster this year. What was your point once again?

4. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Your argument is a bit flawed I think

1. Although 31.8% 3pters isn't great, guys like Goran is even WORSE at 31.2%. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4507

2. 2.9 turnovers is not great but Harden gets alot more and has less assists

So if Lin's #s are "abysmal", then Goran and Hardens is even worse

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am a realist about Lin and I say NO to a trade. It is to early to even consider it. Lin is gradually putting his game together. And if he sharpens up a couple of aspects of his game he and Harden will make a great guard duo.

6. basketballholic

I'm all in for trading Lin.

...for Chris Paul.

7. cw3k

cw3k Member

If I am Lin, I would demand a trade. Why play under a coach who primary job is to destroy your confident.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

I'll admit McHale does have different standards (higher?) with the PG position for some reason, but Lin isn't helping himself either when he disappears for quarters at a time.

9. pnr

pnr Member

He is playing on a bum ankle, plus bev was playing very well. knee jerk thread much?

10. CertifiedTroll

I am okay with having Lin, but I am uncomfortable with him being the highest paid player on our roster.

11. brick

brick Member

The coach doesn't seem know the game of guards very well, which I think is the reason why he doesn't feel comfortable to let his PG to facilitate an offense. I enjoy the fluidity of our offense during the first few minutes in the first quarter when our PG is doing his job, and then game quickly turns into a struggle when the coach starts to play the point for the team for the rest of the game.

1 person likes this.
  12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Beverley puts together a mean streak in the 4th and people are calling to trade Lin. Un-freaking-believable.

13. Roboman

Roboman Member

say what????:eek:

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Well next year he can be no better than tied for 2nd with Asik. Here's hoping we land another legit star and he and asik slip to tied for 3rd.

15. hltiki

hltiki Member

check out his sig

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

McHale does have higher standards for the PG position, that much is obvious. But Lin isn't exactly doing himself a favor either.

17. Samo

Samo Member

Time to update your ignore list.

18. hltiki

hltiki Member

What would you like him to do?

19. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Lin's 3pt% is now 32.6, and is 34.3% if you throw out the first month due to rust/knee injury/weight loss

20. manning

manning Member

he is not. lol btw,Knicks didn't give him an offer, or match when Houston gave him one.They letting the "market" dictate the price for Lin. It wasn't Lin's fault....