1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think I'm going to cry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, Aug 12, 2013.

1. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

..because I can't play basketball the way I know I can play due to a bum knee. Sucks. :(

I feel ya, Brandon Roy.

2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

How old are you? Because I was 26 when I tore my ACL and then due to the nature of the tear (Hyperextension).For some reason I also had pain when running, which prevented me from not only playing basketball because of the lack of an ACL, but from also running, due to the pain in my knee.

I ended up getting Dr. First in Clear Lake to do my knee surgery, and he found significant damage to the bone underneath my knee cap and he performed what is known as the "OATS" surgery and ACL reconstruction and here I am a year later and I can play football and basketball with no pain at all.

I don't know your age, or the situation behind your injury, but I do know that it isn't always all lost. There are ways for you to still be active with your family and friends. I remember feeling the same way, and like I said one surgery later, and a lot of hard work in the gym and rehab, and I feel great. Don't give up hope yet, there have been a ton of advancements made in modern medicine.

Since we're on the topic, exactly what is your situation?

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Damn feel better man

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0Az2BvTcshg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It sucks to have to face this so young. I don't know your situation but keep hope alive and look at second opinions.

9. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I'm 26 and have had bad knees (mainly my right knee) since high school. Back then I would always feel soreness due to playing every day.

Fast forward 8 years later, I've picked up playing basketball once a week and gradually feel more soreness with more games that I play. Now, before getting back into basketball, I've always been a runner. I run approximately 10-15 miles a week and feel mild soreness, which really doesn't affect me much, as in not feeling pain kneeling down or while moving around throughout the day. But a game of basketball, man, it irritates the hell out of my knee. My knee feels super stiff the next day, with each day gradually getting better.

I was thinking I have tendinitis since jumping provokes the pain most of the time, and maybe I don't have the cartilage that I should have? But I really don't know. By the way, the pain is in front of my knee, under the knee cap, and I get mild swelling, which really isn't noticeable unless you look closely.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you can always specialize on the corner three

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe you can get into coaching?

Be a legendary pick up ball coach.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Welcome to my world. I long for the days of errant passes and botched layups.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Know how it feels. Developed a herniated disc at the age of 17. Had to quit basketball team in high school.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

What happened to you? Last I played with you (like 07ish) you were fine.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Michael Beasley feels ya...:eek:

(P.S) Op I wish you godspeed in your recovery...

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Shouldn't run on hard surfaces OP. My Dad was an amazing athlete, 10.8 for the hundred at 5ft7 and his knees are shot after years of road running.

On your injury get it looked into, by a medical professional, most recently i hurt my MCL and it just sucks playing at even 90% of your athletic capacity, but you should be alright.

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Ah man, my friend in HS (who is actually on this board -- I won't name him), used to be a damn good baller, but he had some disease that caused the cartilage in his knees to deteriorate and he had to stop playing. We used to call him Ol' Man N****** -- no, that isn't the N word, that's his last name haha

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Unfortunately, that's what the infamous DD had to resort to after he lost all his god given ability.... whatever that ever was.

1 person likes this.
  20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

STOP PLAYING ON CONCRETE or BLACKTOP. :eek:

Play only on wood or hard rubber.

Get that knee fixed, man.

My left knee is bad because of that, too. :( I used to and penetrate and score... also, shake-n-bake all day and play good basketball, but now I can't.