1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Welcome to the Rockets Melo

2. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I am a bit more cautious this summer after seeing how many times Melo cost the Thunder games last season. However, if he was available on the cheap and willing to take on a bench role, he's definitely worth a look. James and CP are also probably the best facilitators he's ever had in his career.

He would need to learn to just run, spot up and shoot, and play defense.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, at this point i can see Melo come here (i think it's a given OKC will stretch him), if Lebron can't build his super team in L.A. at least.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

because chris paul is the man in their relationship and he's signing on for 4 more years

5. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Melo sucks. Rockets start him it'll tank the team

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Straight up, I did not watch a lot of Melo this year. I don't know if his decline has been serious or slight.

But either way, I can see him signing for the minimum after he reaches a buyout with OKC.

And I'm struggling to understand how locking down Melo for the minimum can be anything but good for our team; especially if he's paired with a more defensive minded big like mbah a moute at the 4.

Can anyone shed some light on how good Melo is at this stage of his career? Is he even still a starter? How bad is the defensive liability?

7. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

You get a chance to bring Melo in for cheap you do it. He’s a capable scorer still, and in those moments we can’t find a easy bucket that’s exactly what he will give us. I’m willing to sacrifice some defense for that. It’s a lot easier for him to play D in our system being able to switch everything, he just needs that same motivation James Harden had this past season!

8. malakas

malakas Member

Please no. Is Morey blind?
    Don't bring Melo here even for free.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

We can sign Capela to a good team friendly deal.. We can sign Melo, Jabari Parker,a nd maybe Tyreke Evans as well..
    pg: cp3
    sg: Harden
    sf: Parker
    pf: Melo
    C: Capela

6th Man/ Gordon, Tyeke Evans

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

tons of posts explaining how bad melo is at this stage of his career

https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/24/carmelo-anthony-oklahoma-city-thunder-career/

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

a system doesn't make someone better defensively. not sure where you got that from. especially a switch everything system.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He still can get you 15 per game along with 6 rebounds. He will be even a bigger liability on the defensive end.

13. malakas

malakas Member

He is definitely not a starter caliber player. Bad shot selection, no D (doesn't even run back on d!)/

But hey..I'm Melo! You think I will be on the bench? LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes: You think you won't play me?

YOLO likes this.
  14. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Just because people on here want him doesn't mean the Rockets do lol

15. malakas

malakas Member

That's got to be one of the worst possible defensive combinations sg- sf - pf trios in the league. How did you come up with that? Good job.

16. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

But we can all agree that he’s a better defender than Ryan and better offensive player than Trevor and both logged major mins for us this past season.....

You know those times when James and chris are really tired, it would be nice to get some easy buckets so they don’t always have to do the heavy lifting...

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

melos defense absolutely sucks. its worse. and his scoring isn't even that great. he still thinks hes a great scorer and couple that with his ego makes him that much worse than his natural decline

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  18. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

You can start Tucker or Luc as well.. That's how deep we could be.. Coach em up!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

skroodup25 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

all the other issues that have nothing to do with wb are bigger problems. blaming wb is just an easy scapegoat for those who havent followed him this year. the melo fanboys refuse to accept he just isnt that good anymore

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.