1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Carmelo is not a super star. He’s not a winner. If you still fail to see that after this year in OKC then I don’t know what to tell you.

The Melo apologist always stated how he had no help in NY which is why they couldn’t go anywhere. This year he had Paul George and Westbrook and still got embarrassed by a team led by a rookie.

kevtse and hongxingli like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just checking in to make sure you know that was the original thread title. And not MY doing.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

All good - I know that you weren't the one that started it - I just love me some J Law...:)

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Mediocre career, you mean. We've flirted with disaster too many times with this guy, and lucked out he never came. Before, he wasn't worth the investment he'd require (in dollars and in touches). Now, I don't want him at any price.

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Zero interest. His laughing at reporters at the beginning of the season about maybe coming off the bench was only made worse when at the end of the season he re-iterated he has no interest in being a bench player.

You can't start him. He's a worse defender than Ryno and unlike Ryno who has developed an aversion to shooting when he's cold, Melo has an aversion to moving the ball. Ever.

No thank you, even for the minimum.

Richie_Rich, B-Bob and YOLO like this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

I fully expect him to opt into his deal and then agree to a buyout, similar to Wade.

As far as his fit, I see 2 areas on offense that need to be worked through. First, 47.6% of his shots were between 3 and 22 feet. Only 12% of his shots were under 3 feet (a career low).

Probably connected to this, he shot a career low 2.5 free throw attempts per game. Either he's lost a step and cant get to the basket (which to me is his primary value), or he's choosing to settle for the mid-range, being told to settle for them or its just what's been available.

Whatever the reason, he's got to abandon the midrange for the most part and shift to getting to the basket. If he can't or won't do this, then he has no value on this team.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I think we would be better then what u would thibk. Switching helps

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

opts out and sign a Bi-ann or Vet min.

Needs to put his money where his mouth is....

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He thinks of himself as on the same level as LeBron. He's delusional and will chase the money.

hongxingli and bilaal14 like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't go that far. Take out the Kardashian part and I'm with you.

lnchan likes this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

I laugh at the fans on CF,

I think some of y’all are bit delusional of how bad he is. I think he could bring good help. that said he’s a last resort if I’m the GM.

It’s whatever this will be the same fans that will be cheering melo if he arrives. Before the melo rumors were actually real last year it was the same thing from CF bit when it turned out we might actually get him all of a sudden “he’s not that bad”

All I’m stating is that it could be a real reality this happens, thankfully though it could also means we get other players to

Regardless we will be better next year

12. mockster

mockster Member

Harden sucks, melo sucks, Derozen sucks, George is a long shot and also sucks, cousins is worse then capela

Lebron or bust

Gut the team if not, trade harden for Rubio and draft picks -CF

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

D'Antoni and Melo didnt work the first time. Why would it work a 2nd time?

lnchan likes this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

Winning fixs everything, plus melo isn’t the answer anyway, he’s just a piece that seems likely to me. Ideal situation is he being bought out and we sign him for cheap or he opts out and we sign him for a low to mid range deal.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He should go to GSW

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Morey had been successful in making the Melo trade on his terms the Rockets would be headed to the finals.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

To me, the relationship between Melo and D'Antoni would be my main concern. Outside of that, i think he would be able to provide more value than Ryno. Even if his defense is as bad as Ryno, his lack of fear to shoot the ball in itself is more valuable. With CP and Harden, he'd get a ton of open looks.

I dont how his relationship was within the OKC organization, but to me, it did seem like he was ok sacrificing his own personal stats for the team. He just didnt want to come of the bench. I could be totally wrong here so anyone can feel free to correct me here.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not more valuable bc he then becomes a chucker which can negatively impact him but also carries over onto the team

we have pretty much that same type in GG but with him he brings an energy boost this team needs at times. that doesn't apply to melo. he doesn't understand his role and limitations. that in itself is detrimental to any winning team and their culture

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

When was Melo been "coachable" outside of the Olympic teams?

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Well.... case closed then. lol

Dont care if we get him or not.... but he has to be willing to take a huge pay cut to come get this ring. Otherwise he can eat a d