1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. AXG

AXG Member

On the 2 yard line

mockster likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As much as people might not like it, I do think Carmelo would be a vehicle for us to get rid of Ryno. 1 year at $28M is still a lot better than 2 years/$40M. Adding Anderson to the OKC roster might actually help them a little bit as well, but if PG leaves, I don't know if they'd be willing to take on that kind of contract. It's going to be a very interesting summer for the Rockets.

Just for the record, Melo was absolutely terrible this season, so any trade we make for him would not be on the merits of his play. It's simply a way for us to dump the anchor that is Ryan Anderson.

lw17 likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Nobody should want Carmelo on their team at this point for pretty much any price. Frankly, he looked pretty much done as an NBA player.

lnchan and ReignSupreme like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Stranger things have happened.

Oh wait, they actually haven't. Never mind.

5. macan

macan Member

we will get as many USA team players as we can this summer

mockster likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

These things are never too early, not even the day after.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

having Melo on this team is just as bad if not worse than Ryno...at least u can park Ryno’s useless ass on the bench with no drama

Melo wants to start and get his shots

Melo would get exposed by GS

Zboy likes this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Yes, this. I think Melo comes here after he is bought out. I don't think OKC wants the distraction next season. OKC won't deal with us so I think that kills the PG13 hopes. If we could have offloaded Anderson there with pieces in some sort of PG13/Melo deal that would have been ideal. It looks like Bron or bust. Morey will need to work untold magic this offseason to make Ryno disappear like he did on our bench.

mockster likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Joe Johnson and Carmelo Anthony looked the same this year what is point. Rockets need to really get some pick correct

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Oh gosh here we go again...

12. mockster

mockster Member

16 ppg 5 rpg abd 1.3 apg is not bad, and it’s better then no ryno production at all.

Yes his FG% was bad and he a lot of horrid games but he also had some good games. Plus I just think he was a bad fit, it was pure iso ball and watching Westbrook. Sure we iso a lot to but we do have better role players and Paul and harden are better team players than Goerge and Westbrook.

Regardless I feel strongly the rockets will add melo despite who else we get. Chris Paul wants him here, he wants to be here and he wants a ring. He’s desperate enough and his exiting video in OKC was not reassuring and I think OKC would rather put there money else where.

I’m just looking at the reality of the situation, I assure you not much has changed Since last year about us willing to get him, I think they still see the potential he can bring.

Getting guys like Paul George, Derozen, Kiwi are long shots, Lebron is still a long shot as well. I just see us grabbing him regardless. Whether it’s Cousins + Melo or banana boat or just him alone with minor good additions to the bench.

We were one player away from being the best and if we never lost Paul in the first place we would of won a ring so we don’t need much in reality but enough to support a Chris Paul or harden injury

#52 mockster, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Coming off the bench yes, on the starting 5 he's marginally better (more capable but cares as much as James Harden does on defense) than Anderson.

Funny we were still in the game when D'Antoni subbed Anderson in and Curry abused that switch so bad. No way Carmelo comes here without derailing this team's chemistry.

It'd be more reasonable to brainwash Harden Into playing off the ball so he could add that dimension into his game than having Melo here and Anderson elsewhere. .

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, still better than Anderson lol. But yea he's garbage.

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're not heating up yet. But soon.

16. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Gonna require a bunch of players taking pay cuts for your scenario to work. Let’s assume it’s possible...I would be completely against this unless Melo agreed to come off the bench and be willing to be a facilitator/scorer with the second unit. I’d argue that PJ Tucker and Trevor Ariza(if we are able to resign him) are both more valuable to the Rockets at this point in their careers.

17. riko

riko Member

I hope not

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Who would they be defying? The vast majority of the NBA that says it's not likely?

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

He's just as useless as Ryno against the Warriors in the playoffs. You want him switching and guarding Curry?

No thanks.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]