1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I expected there to be a link to an article or at least a tweet. But nope. Just a poster here's opinion. Cool.

I do not expect Melo to walk away from 28 million or whatever it is he gets if he opts in. Don't see this happening. Which is fine because Melo wasn't very good this year. He's washed up.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thanks. Gave me a ****in heart attack when I first read the title.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

We need more bad news?! I hope not.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

We need to get younger quicker players, not old, slow, attitude issue

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Melo is the wedge we will need to move MOUNT RYNO
    I think we and OKC are pissed at each of them and willing to move them

OKC thinks they can rehabilitate Ryno and maybe get a pick from us .. . .
    We think .. . .F*ck it .. . Melo is only here for a year. . and maybe we can trade him as an expiring at the dead line if need be

Ricket River
    win win

lw17 and mockster like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How long before Burt Steele joins this party?

juanm34 likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

8. mockster

mockster Member

We all know the banana boat rumors, Lebron James and etc have already said they are open to the idea when they are old playing on a team together. To be fair their old now and both melo and Paul are craving a ring.

Really the score is landing Lebron in the banana boat scenario. Harden will always be our core regardless what happens to the rest of them.

If that doesn’t happen I still think melo will be our last resort, really we would’ve won this series of Paul didn’t get hurt, I think having melo instead of Anderson could’ve made the tiniest difference in the series.

lw17 likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm sure this answer has appeared here a few times, but without reading through the thread, after what happened with OKC, why would we want Carmelo?

He wouldn't accept the role we'd need for him. He doesn't defend, he doesn't pass. He still sees himself as a big star. No, let's find another route.

mockster and YOLO like this.
  10. FearTheBeardJH

He is almost as bad as Joe Johnson. Unplayable against any good team.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You didn't give an exact time or say we were on the 2 yd line so this is fake news.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The only Brightside is one less year of an onerous salary.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Ideally sure, I’m down for adding Paul gorge, Demarcus cousins and etc instead but I’m just saying it could be likely due to the relationship with CP and already desire to come here. Plus if banana boat goes down.

We may find ourselves not as fortunate as we may like and he may be one piece along with others or if last resort the only major valuable piece we get.

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think Melo will get bought out....he was an awful fit in OKC and was clearly unhappy....I don't like his defense at all though man, I'm not sure how playable he would be against the Warriors...

mockster likes this.
  15. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Only @ch44 @cyberx and @Codman should be posting rumors unless verified we already know basketballholic will be doing this for most of the summer

16. mockster

mockster Member

Tbh I think playing with Westbrook makes everyone play bad, I think he could fit in better and he’s already somewhat shown he can defer.

Yeah he’s a defense liability but I think he could improve with motivation for a title run, if harden can do it melo van unless his age is keeping him from doing so.

He’s no more a defenseive liability then Anderson, aslong as he can contribute and he can buckle down a little more we could be alright

But I totally understand where your coming from but I still think he’s a decent player for us

17. mockster

mockster Member

More so my opinion and sort of a possible reality, considering banana boat and Melos already efforts to come here. We tried to get him last year I don’t think much changes despite his reduced productivity

I know there’s a lot of options out there but I think we gotta think realistically if we would land any of those guys anyway

I just think melo is Houston bound, it’s been along time coming it’s ashame he’s past his prime now

ReignSupreme likes this.
  18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

oh god please no

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

How the **** are we gonna sign LeBron and Melo, while only losing Anderson??? Cleveland isn't just handing LeBron over to us.....it would have to be an opt-in and trade, which means we'd have to send some attractive pieces back to them. Come on man, at least make sense when starting threads.

20. mockster

mockster Member

I’m not even saying we would land Lebron, It’s just because of the banana boat did I mention that dream like possibility.

Lebron said to play with those guys he would take a pay cut. Obviously Paul, Lebron, ariza would have to take major pay cuts and Eric gordon would most likely have to be traded

My main point was I think will end up with melo despite who else we might add

Plus we’re talking about a Morey here, he can part waters.