1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

We'd be getting him for free - what's not to like. Zero risk

Sanity2disChaos and Little Bit like this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Essentially this.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If Carmelo had 0 value on the team, I can see that they'd take their time to make the right move. However, he doesn't fit the OKC culture. He didn't show up for Westbrook's party (not invited?) and I'm not sure Adam's like on the negative tweet about Melo was a "fat finger". OKC isn't going to spend $300 million to waste 1/2 of their season waiting on the outside shot of a trade that will most likely be a wash as far as their cap goes - all while their locker room simmers. He has to be moved before the season starts. They can be patient until then but if they can't find a trade partner (and I doubt they can), then they have few options but to stretch him even though it might hurt them a little the next 2 years.

They are between a rock and a hard place. They either spend an additional $91 million and waste a year (at $300 million) or stretch him, hope the team gels with the additional year of playing together and deal with aftermath limitations of the stretch later.

DonKnock, hakeem94, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I think this is an excellent point. Having said that, Josh Smith worked out extremely well for just one season. When he returned the following season (not right away), it wasn't the same.

hakeem94 and PhilCollins like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Well in all fairness, he should've never left Houston the first time. When he came back Mchale was fired, JB was coach, and there was absolutely no structure or discipline on the team. It's hard to come over midseason into a sinking ship with a captain that has no idea what he's doing

hakeem94, JVL713, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually it isn't. its been explained for multiple pages and actually months now. just bc you haven't read it, thats your own issue

for someone that is banking on all hope instead of whats been actually presented in reality, its real ironic to claim someone else's conclusion as "weak". its the same thing over and over. If this, this that. Hopefully this, hopefully that. olympic melo? hes already turned down that role on multiple occasions. what else is needed? for him to tell you personally?. thats how i know you haven't kept up with melo. catch up to 2018 first

#346 YOLO, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  7. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

If he gets bought out he is going to the Lakers.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Maybe if they trade Kuzma. Otherwise I can't see them stunting Kuzma's growth by benching him because Carmelo is not going to sign only to come off the bench.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

no u

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I think the main difference is if Melo wants to make it work. Melo can't be the main guy anymore, he is not more efficient than either Harden or Paul, so he has to be scorer off the bench and due to his lack of defense (mostly effort and awareness, but we can safely assume none of them will change at this point of his career), which will reduce his minutes to 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not confident if he will accept that role and his interview about coming off bench is entertaining, watch it if you haven't.

saleem and bj3175 like this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

While it seems likely he’s bought out or traded [As if anyone will take him and his contract] there has not been any official report they will do so.

I’m just hoping they will do it sooner rather then later so we can get this out of the way

s3ts and JVL713 like this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

i HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD PEOPLES PROBLEM WITH jOSH HE WAS MONEY FOR US. HE PASSED ,SHOT THE 3,rebounded , TEAMmATES LOVED HIM HE WAS VERSATILE WE JUST DIDNT GET HIS BEST YEARS. Melo has all the abilities as Josh did and more its just doesnt seem that he has the same determination and sacrifice to win a championship that his banana boat brothers have.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

The hate was strong long before Rockets acquired him. DD was one of the most vocal about not signing him.

hakeem94 and PDJACK7 like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

Where all them haters at

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

I was originally against bringing Melo here from NY.
    Here's why:
    1) Background with D'Antoni. He destroyed MDA's system in NYC.
    While Melo was injured for awhile is when Linsanity happened.
    J Lin took the role and system ran with it. Draining 3's and creating. When Melo
    came back, MDA's offense died and so did Linsanity.
    2) Primary reason the offense died is that Melo wants his touches and his points (right Dwight?)

I would not be opposed to picking him up off of the sale rack for the
    following reasons

1) CHEAP
    2) CP is here now and has been a vocal leader. With him being good buds
    with Melo, I believe he can get Melo to become more of a team player and buy into the system.
    MDA has now vindicated himself as COTY and with historical offensive numbers.
    Melo won't be able to dictate diddly. If he tries to hog the ball, he'll incur the wrath of both MDA and CP.
    3) Melo won't be the focal point. He'll be an additional weapon much like CP.
    Can also create some shots when James is being smothered (much like CP)
    4) Free to shoot 3's, which he can do very well.

MDA's system works when you have the right personnel.
    CP helped launch us to a new level as a new weapon added to the arsenal.
    Everyone knows that this is now D'Antoni's team and his system, NOT Melo's. (NY in in the past)
    Where James was kind of passive, CP helped to create a new dynamic here and
    I believe Melo could now be a good fit.
    If he's bought out, I'll be disappointed, but not surprised if he ends up going to the Lakers with LBJ.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Signing Melo is a no brainer...if you don't wan't Melo...you hate the Rockets!!We're trying to beat golden state we need all the talent we can get! OKC didn't know how to use him..he'll be a much better player with Rockets!!!

Harden, CP3, Kawhi, Melo super-duper team will beat Golden State!!!

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

esketit, RasaqBoi, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  19. Rocket_Man_2.0

CP3 Melo pick in roll...nasty..no brainer!!

bilaal14, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Sanity2disChaos

Haters really hate themselves.