1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

I Still Believe

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HeyDude, Oct 24, 2005.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

There's no reason to be sad and hang our heads! down 0-2, big freaking deal! this team was 15-30......2-19 on the road, and now we are in the Series itself, the series! and we were down 0-2 against the Cards last year.....Roy has carried up all playoffs and i have no doubt he'll do it again tomorrow!

I hate, ozzie, i hate crede and i hate podsednik!! :mad:

Lets kick some white sox butt!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Who's with me?

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I am with you!!!

I came in having virtually no opinion about the White Sox. I loathe them now. Freaking team of mullet hair cuts. Rainy/cold losers. If you freaking throw a Series, you shouldn't even have a franchise anymore.

1919 LIVES!!!

G0 'STROS!!!!!!!!

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm in, the White Sux suck.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I think they are trying to make up for getting paid to lose a series, by bribing the ump's so they can win one :)

Our backs have been against the wall since 15-30 so this is nothing new.

there ain't nothin left to do but beeeelieve

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We will win this series. Here are a couple of the reasons why:

-We still have Pettitte and Oswalt for three games.
    -We have the insane home-field advantage at MMP
    -We don't have to deal with the weather in Chicago

That gives me confidence that we will sweep at home, setting it up for a win on Saturday with Oswalt on the mound in Chicago.

I predicted a sweep, and I see that it was a rather uneducated prediction, given that the Sox are the bizarro Astros. But, we still have the edge in experience and heart. 'Stros in 6!

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm with you. Screw the Sox. I know they've won 2 games but I think they are very beatable. I actually feel better being down 0-2 in this series than I did being tied 1-1 with the Cards.

8. teeloo

teeloo Contributing Member

I'M WITH YOU!!!!

GO STROS!

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

As I've learned a few times.

Don't doubt Phil Garner!

LETS GO STROS!

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I believe. Caught some bad breaks, but both games were winnable. No loss was demoralizing to the point where I felt we stood absolutely no chance. We're not up against a juggernaut. We just need to not pitch to Podsednik or their other hot hitter whose name escapes me, just like we did Pujols. Or at the very least face these guys with no men on base.

11. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Reasons to believe:

Oswalt should make it 2-1 in the series.
    We're getting to their pitching.
    Their closer was seriously rattled yesterday.
    Stomach punch losses don't rattle us.
    MMP with an advantage.
    The next three games with their pitchers hitting is an advantage.
    Pivotal game will be 4, not game 2.
    Its silly to say we needed a split in Chicago. They were supposed to win those games.
    The winning HR last night was a fluke by a guy who hadn't hit one all year.

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I feel like we lost those games more than Chicago won them. Stupid mistakes like dropping easy fly balls, not making contact with a runner on 3rd and no outs, grooving fastballs, apparently hitting the barrell of Jermaine Dye's bat.

Credit to the ChiSox for taking advantage - but if we cut out the errors we can take all three games at home. This series is going back to Chicago at 3-2. Maybe we lead, maybe we don't.

13. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I am in, Roy O can do it, we ain't out of it until we loose 4 games.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It's been done before, losing the first two and winning the Series.

It will be difficult, but it's been done before.

BELIEVE

15. msn

msn Member

Mullets suck. Astros win.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't really feel bad at all about the two losses. I still think those games could have gone either way with a few breaks. The White Sox haven't proven anything to me that would indicate they are the better team. The series has been real competitive so far. I assume that the Astros will get a few breaks at home as well to get back in this thing and I'm hoping we can spank them silly with Oswalt going. If the White Sox come in and take two games, then the better team won. I don't believe the White Sox can come into our house and have those same breaks. It's been a pretty even series so far in my opinion. The Sox aren't as great as they were being hyped to be. The way I perceived the hype is the Astros didn't have a chance. We've clearly shown we do have a chance if we can get some of those breaks as well.

17. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I fear all is lost and I hear ominous rumblings, though perhaps that's related to my lunch.

18. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Man, screw the breaks, u know they're getting the breaks when a scrub hits an opposite field bloop RBI single on an inside cutter, when they get a foul ball called a HBP, when we misplay 3 balls in one inning.........so screw the breaks, they are getting <b>all </b> the breaks but u know what? we still came back in both the games and didnt roll over like the Red Sox or the Angels.....the White Sox might have all the karma and the breaks, but u know what, <b>we're STILL going to beat them </b>...............

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

1 de los últimos 12 equipos ganaron la serie mundial despues de perder los primeros 2 juegos. Los pinches medias blancas me caen como patada en los huevos. :mad: Posednik y Ponerko (bless you!) se oyen como estornudeces.

¡VAMOS, ASTROS!!!!!

20. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I still believe! This Sox team was NOTHING the second half of the season and they are riding a current hot streak. Time for Roy O to knock them off the tracks and they are going to fall hard!