1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Spoke with Yao for 5 minutes 2 Fridays ago

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gladiator, Nov 22, 2004.

1. synergy

synergy Member

funniest post EVER!!!

2. moomoo

moomoo Member

Where's jrsr34's hand?

Guess that would explain Lisa Ling's face.

[/shameless plagiarism] :D

3. Gladiator

Gladiator Contributing Member

So I get the feeling not too many of you believe me. That's cool, like I said, I have the autograph to prove it. I won't tell you what Best Buy it was b/c my boss would kill me... I will tell you that Yao lives in a gated community on Barker Cypress, about 2 miles south of I-10... you figure out which store I am talking about. Still don't belive me, if you live in the area, ask some of the employee's how often Yao comes in our store. It's like no big deal to most of the full timers b/c they see him so often.

Someone said it is sad that Yao was shopping alone... trade him to LA... OK, I know you were kidding but actually, I think that's pretty cool that people let him do his own thing. Don't get me wrong, they were definitely staring, but they didn't mob him. If it makes you feel any better, my boss said he usually gets mobbed for autographs... he just so happened to come into the store on a slow afternoon.

I would scan the ticket if I had a scanner. I can prolly come up with something. Still I know most of you won't believe me. That's cool... but the truth is, I have met Yao, which I think is pretty awesome. He was very friendly and modest, which I respect a lot.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

i thought boki was married or were they shooting something?

5. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

My Cousin lives right near Yao Ming in Katy, Texas. She was in a Best Buy store near her house one day, and when she turned around she ran right in to Yao's crotch. It scared the crap out of her how big he was, she said she just got the hell away from him as fast as she could. This happened to her during his rookie season. She said a small guy with glasses was also with him which was more than likely colin pine.

6. Got Em

Got Em Member

I've seen Lisa Ling a couple of times, but what does she do? She's pretty hot.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:D

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

National Geographic?

9. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

*Points at moomoo* Stop, thief!:D

10. Nikonism

Nikonism Member

Hi, Gladiator, I enjoyed the story, especially the part about Yao's english.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I ran into Andre Barrett at Chuck E. Cheese's last night. Then again, it might have been just some kid.

#51 topfive, Nov 26, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2004