1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I say pull a San Antonio...........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyde22, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

and tank the rest of the season. We could get at least the 11th pick [​IMG]

------------------

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Not funny. I'm depressed enough as it is. [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's almost over...and I still really need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

They just have to try to go 10-0. That is all they can do.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Little late for that [​IMG] If you tank, you must tank hard. Early and often. No half-ass tank jobs... leave that to the Clevelands of the world.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited March 29, 2001).]

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think paying off Stern will do a better job-A nice record, and the #1 pick. It worked for San Antonio.

------------------
    "That's been a lifelong dream of mine." -Vince Carter, after laying it in on a breakaway, much to the Vancouver crowd's displeasure.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Basically, if you're a big market or if you're team looks like a contender, you have a good chance to win the lottery. Let's hope CD has been brown-nosing Stern.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

And you should be banned.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

9. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Phunk Dat! We need to make up 3 games by the time we play minnesota. We beat them, they lose to Dallas and WERE IN!!!

For the love of god, don't stoop down to their level. My parents were in Hawaii during the end of that SA season where David Robinson was "hurt" and they saw him at a luau.

How many posts till your a member here, i hope its 30.. if it is IM A MEMBER.. WOOOHOO!!!

------------------
    BILL KENNEDY SUCKS!

10. unt2003

unt2003 Member

good take Franchise2001. i am getting annoyed by the naysayers on the forum. i think they wont make the playoffs, HOWEVER the progress the Rockets have made this season is incredible. If the Rockets continue this progress they prob will be a 6-8ish seed next season (if they dont sign anyone and have the same team next year). If we make it to the playoffs this season, that would be awesome

------------------

11. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

Right now, Seattle could easily overtake us and we would have #12. Tanking the season any further would get us little in the way of draft position, unless you had a specific player in mind that Seattle might draft.

------------------

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

anyone who responds to this thread after me, gets no Indiana tape...

BeyP is the governor of the Indiana tape.

13. Valio!

Valio! Member

NEVER!!! "Tank" shall not be in Rockets' vocabulary!!!

There's still a chance!!!

------------------
    "It's finger ling ling good!" - Homer Simpson's opinion of Kentucky Fried Panda

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and I mean anyone, and any response...sunshine or not.

Being a Bey means you have power.

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Actually, Seattle HAS overtaken us. We are now 10th in the west.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

ZRB, you had me scared for a moment, but I don't think Seattle has overtaken us -- but it's close. We're 39-33; they're 40-34. We're both 12 games back and I'm not sure how they decide these things precisely, but ESPN lists us ahead of them.

As for getting "at least 11th pick," try: at most the 11th pick. We'd need at least 40 losses to take #10 from Indiana (man, how the mighty have fallen!). And that's assuming they win the rest of their games!

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So as the 11th seed we woud get 2 extra balls. I say continue playing well. I am fine with having just 5 balls!

------------------

18. KD

KD Member

I say go for more wins. I hope for at least 47 wins, just like the 94-95 season. It will be good omen.

------------------
    "'Guys, stand on my shoulders. I will take you to the promise land.' That is what he does." ........ Sam Cassel on Hakeem in 95 playoffs

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Tiebreaker. Seattle has the tiebreaker. Although, we may be percentage points ahead.

------------------