1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Quit My Internship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hope everything works out for you dude.

Two things I don't get:

From all of your successes, and everything you've said about yourself, it sounds like you just don't need college. Why are you wasting your time? It sounds like you're better than college.

Why sue the guy over 900 dollars? It sounds like way more trouble than it's worth. I'm 23, and do not make as much money as you (if what you said is true....I still do fairly well for myself), and I would never sue someone over 900 bucks. Hell, I had a guy pull out in front of me, and lost 3 grand in a car accident, and didn't sue the guy.

Seriously, if you got three articles posted online about you suing the guy for 900 bucks, you must be connected well enough that this whole thing shouldn't matter.

The guy does sound like a huge doucher, though.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, he's pulling a Bernie Madoff on retired professional athletes? ;)

#42 Surfguy, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If I am managing 3B in investments like Chapwood claims, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on any tv channel or let alone find myself in the media at any time.

I work in commodities, and we frequently get requests from financial media. Also alot of Bloomberg tv requests. Literally no one at my firm ever wants to go on tv or give any quote. We kind of have to pick straws to see who is the unlucky person who has to do such sort of things.

Never understood what someone's motivation for wanting such public attention. Especially people who aren't in the entertainment industry.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not hard to get articles on the internet. I'd guess he wrote them. Especially considering the bit.ly links... why not sue the guy? He obviously couldn't use that gig as a resume booster & reference, not after the way things ended and he was put into a corner when the guy threatened to become an obstacle in his attempts for future employment.

By taking action, creating some buzz and documentation, a future employer might be more understanding. I mean the story comes off somewhat unbelievable no? By suing he protected himself and established some interesting SEO around his name.

6. Classic

Classic Member

Sometime it's best to just walk away from a situation. Successful & thus arrogant people are not worth it-especially if they have much deeper pockets than you. They just don't get it and you should just be the man and walk away. I had a very similar situation happen to me and I state that from experience.

7. Mr. Brightside

The funny thing is if you type in the guy's name Ed Butowsky (of Chapwood) in Google, one of the first few links is the story of this lawsuit. I think you have already won this battle OrangeRowdy95.

8. Major

Major Member

The fact that they made the financial decision to hire lawyers to go after the Syracuse newspaper and whomever else instead of just paying the internship wages owed, which would have cost much less, makes me suspect of their knowledge of basic finance. No way I'd go anywhere near them for financial advice. :confused:

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The part of the story that doesn't add up is the part about you losing your hair after one week.

Also, I would not consider this a first amendment issue as the government is not involved.

It seems like a lot of drama for an internship that ended after only two weeks.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ouch!!

12. sbyang

sbyang Member

Both sides should have handled this much better.

There are lots of shady things about that investment firm.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Down with the ****ing man! Rise up!

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

man i wanted to study PR too, after i read your post, i don't really want to anymore lol

15. Madgy

Madgy New Member

@punchbox Now why would I not want to be a rookie on this site? ....I guess that means no internship for me. :confused:

@ OrangeRowdy95 GREAT JOB!

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Easily one of the best necro threads

17. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

18. Mr. Brightside

Are you insinuating being not white is a problem? Dat's racist homie!

19. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Way to get the coach involved. I commend your commitment.