1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need new friends

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jan 7, 2017.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Brosearch.com

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'll be your friend breh

3. Nook

Nook Member

Hell yeah! Let's do this **** Sun Strip killers style...

Here are some friends for you!

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I've met most of my close friends through the losers I dated over the years.

Volunteering is a good thing to do and will even lift your own spirits. I wouldn't count on finding friends through it, but I guess it's possible.

Just get out and meet people. If you're single tinder is great despite its reputation.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Like someone said, it does help to present good attributes that people WANT to be friendly to. Have pleasant demeanor in whatever you do. Dont go around too bitter, cynical and downtrodden. That works on message boards, but not in the real world. Gotta be open and receptive.

I recommend functions wherever there is open group activity even if its cheesy hobby stuff. Like meetup sites, exercise classes, etc.. One time at the bar a women suggested I go to the Irish dance lessons she was in, cuz they had too many girls and they needed "more males". Thats like, almost PERFECT really. When do you EVER hear of males being needed for anything anymore lol.

Helps being specific in the kind of changes to recommend, or this comes off kinda mean, like "You're kind of a piece of sh** TOO ya know. Fix yourself up" . Though I know what you're getting at. You can't absolve yourself, gotta include yourself in the improvemens lol.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Do more of whatever you love to do, and meet people where it's done. If you like basketball, play more basketball. If you like reading books, go to places where people read books and join a book club.

It's that simple. Everyone is looking for friends. No matter how many good friends a person has, if another good person comes along they will be friends.

But also don't surround yourself with people who just agree with what you do or how you live. Don't turn your life into an illusion.

Also, if I understood correctly, there are a bunch of people you call friends who you want to totally replace. It can't reall be that they were all just sucky friends simultaneously, can it? Ask yourself if it makes sense. Yes, there is a chance it's true, but regardless of that there are probably things you can learn/improve about yourself.

7. Buck Turgidson

Bleach your hair and get a boob job.

Nook, Two Sandwiches and justtxyank like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

3) profit

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

4) get "friends"

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I could also need friends, new and old.

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I have a best friend that I've been knowing since I was 2 days old. Lol our parents were and are very close and so they united us after I was born (he's a couple months older) been best buds ever since.

I don't change the way I am to meet new friends. If they like me they'll wanna hang out, if not, bye FeliCa...

12. 713

713 Member

I'll be your friend. How much?

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What do you do for a living? Make some friends at work, since you probably spend half your life there with them anyway.

Either that, or marry a real outgoing woman with lots of friends and you can just latch on to all the other husbands. This one worked great for me...

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the older you get the more you realize who your real friends are. It might really only be 10 or 15 people.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Capitalism

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think your close childhood friends are special. With childhood friends, you can move away and not talk to each other for 15 years and then pop in and reconnect and it's just like old times. I do have a childhood friend with whom things went pretty sour when we were teenagers. Now when he comes into town we'll get together for a lunch or something but we're not too close. With other guys though, it's like nothing has changed. Friends you made as adults are different. When they're gone, they're generally gone for good. In my experience anyway.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In metropolises and big cities the chance of meeting an old friend by accident is very limited.

In small towns not so much.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No new friends. No, no-no new.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Most of the friends I hang out with now I met through Twitter. My past two relationships we met through Twitter too lol. (and yes weve been on actual dates before yall start crying catfish) Sometimes it pays off sliding in the dms

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

or at the gym too, made acquaints with people who I constantly see at the gym.