1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

I need fortune cookies.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DrewP, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Such as?

2. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

No way! It's a really sweet idea. I hope it works out while at the same time I hope she doesn't develop an aversion to fortune cookies!;)

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Seriously. You get wragged on for not doing something elaborate. I think the guy who gets the date (and whatever that may lead to) without the creativity clearly should be applauded. Less work, same reward.

4. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

PLEASE don't do this! What if she assumes it is edible?

An elaborate way to set one off would be to hand dip it in white or dark chocolate and tie it with a gold ribbon. Less elaborate but still quite nice would be to just wrap it in gold paper. Definately stay away from anything water based like the type of food coloring you can buy at the grocery store unless you want a soggy, misshapen cookie.

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

It's the only time I would ever dream about making boys jump through hoops. IF I expect them to, then it's only fair that they expect me to, and well, I'm too freaking lazy for that.

6. movement

movement Contributing Member

7. droxford

droxford Member

Three words to consider, DrewP:

Return On Investment

If you don't know what it is, look it up.

-- droxford

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I like moes' crime scene idea. I think I'm going to use it this weekend to ask a girl if she wants to go on a hike.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would also think that if you painted a cookie, the paint might come off on her hands.

I'm really wondering how you're going to get your own message into a store-bought fortune cookie.

And finally, I wouldn't break my brain trying to find an elaborate way to acquire cookies. Go to Hong Kong Food Market and buy them. They come in big bags, cheap. You can even call ahead and find out how much they cost. Though you may need to bake one just so you can get your own message in it. And, if your penniless, you won't be much of a date, so I'm hoping you've got money.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like the idea, but I think to be a little more realistic, you'd have to realize this girl would have broken into tears long before. So, what about this alternate ending:

As the police continue to grill her, have a loud explosion noise go on outside. The lights flicker on, off, on, off, on and finally burn out and stay off. Someone throws some gas bombs and turns on a flashlight. Just then, loud machine gun style shots are heard and the officers in the room go down. You, covered in mask with the fake AK, come in and put the gun to her head and say (drumroll): "I'd kill to take you to homecoming."

11. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

LOL. This is great. This is by far the best advice yet. Make sure you're getting your money's worth!

12. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I know exactly what my return will be and thats why I am going through so much trouble.

You guys say im whipped, but the equation is simple here

Is Effort = Reward ?

A resounding YES.

I gotta jet but I will come back with HC asking stories in a bit.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Whatever happened with this?

14. drapg

drapg Member

You know, this fortune cookie idea sounds like a lot of work and intricate planning to woo a chick that wants to go to Homecoming wearing a t-shirt and jeans just to say "f-you" to the establishment.

Kinda contradicts the purpose of going, no?

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

effort=reward?

I wish someone had told me that long ago!

16. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

this is happening today.

This whole fortune cookie idea is very run-of-the-mill around here, as I stated before drapg. The t-shirt and jeans thing isnt so much a **** you to the establishment as just a nice little thing I get to hold in front of my friends that will spend 200 dollars on this dance. So, its an f-you to my friends more than anything. No contradictions.