1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need fortune cookies.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DrewP, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

So Im asking this girl to homecoming (its my senior year and I wasnt planning on going but this chick is really cool and has agreed to wear a t-shirt and jeans as kind of a "**** you" to the whole Homecoming establishment) and it involves an insane amount of fortune cookies. When I say insane I mean absolutely nothing below two hundred.

What are some good ways to acquire a lot of fortune cookies for little to nothing by Friday? (preferably id like options where I dont go to jail)

My thoughts so far:

-Going to Pei Wei (PF Chang's style place) and stealing EVERYTHING from the free bowl. *this is only good for about 50 tops though*

-Going to HEB and stealing/buying them in bulk (someone told me they sell them but this hasnt been confirmed)

-Killing a chinese man and somehow get written into his will prior to the murder (because we all know all chinese people have tremendous amounts of fortune cookies in thier homes/safety deposit boxes)

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Find an asian supermarket like Viet Hoa or Hong Kong Market. They usually have fortune cookies in bulk as they sell to small restaurants.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yeah all of them have it as well as Sams i believe. At least they used to but going to any of the asian markets i am sure you will find them in bulk.

And i really want to know what you are planning to do with the fortune cookies

4. DrewP

Basically the plan is to use them to ask a girl to homecoming.

The plan is to have a trail of fortune cookies leading from her back door to her room where she will be met by a HUG PILE of fortune cookies. When I say huge I mean like cookies EVERYWHERE. One will be painted blue or some color and she will have to find it and open it. Inside it will say something like "hey I think you are a really cool gal, will you go to hc with me -drew"

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I have seen roses but never Fortune cookies...definently some points for creativity... Good luck.

6. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

That is really innovative and thoughtful!

Good luck man! She'd be nuts to turn you down.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I ask because I'm curious...how do you plan on coloring the one cookie? And how are you going put your own little note in there? Great plan, btw.

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

is the girl asian? she might get offended like Yao :)

that's way too elaborate, just ask her straight up if she wants to go with you. how are you even gonna get into her house and her room to set up all the cookies? i hope you donate the cookies to the homeless or something afterwards :)

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That sounds awesome DrewP. But who's going to clean all that up. :p

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I would spray paint it gold or silver.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

LOLOLOLOLOL Nice Plany dr3wpy... but to ENSURE the sex0r...

The Special Fortune Cookie message needs to be taken to a whole different dimention of r0x0r.

Make it say "A Large endowment will be headed your way very soon"

omg that will PWN.

:D :D :D

If she says yes could you send me a 10 page synopsis on how exactly you got a female to agree to be in your company. :(

12. DrewP

moe, you are starting to creep me out man.

Elaborate stupid stuff like this is customary at our school. Asking a girl straight up to HC is like saying that Chumbawamba's "Tubthumper" was a good album - no one will ever let you forget about how lame you sounded. It has to be something creative and fun or you are mercilessly wragged on.

When you guys say this is way too elaborate, I could blow your minds with other ways girls get asked to Home Coming here.

Anyway, what price range are we looking at here for actually buying fortune cookies. Im thinking it will be alot cheaper to... you know... steal them.

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well if you're going to be like that, you could just steal them from those Asian markets.... and then you'll have an old Chinese shopkeeper chasing you down the street, and beating you with a broom while you try to dodge the inevitable fruit carts.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Elaborate eh? What you could have done was have special effects people come in and tear up her house and have body molds of her family members dead with pools of blood and various objects sticking out of them . Have fake CSI weirdos in her room swabbing her undies for DNA and such. Have some hardass feds take her down for some hot lamp sessions and ask her how much she paid the hitman to do it. MAN that would be great. And when she's just about ready to explode into tears you just pop out and say "Hey wanna go to homecoming with me"

15. outlaw

outlaw Member

you're gonna risk getting caught shoplifting for fortune cookies? just make them yourself
    http://cookie.allrecipes.com/AZ/FortuneCkies.asp

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Wow - you guys are whipped. I thought the only time guys had to go through these female-inspired rituals was when we got married.

17. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

What other ways?

18. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

yeah - what other ways? i want to know what crazy high school this is too... you guys get girls used to that kind of treatment and it'll be too much upkeep

19. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

the fortune cookie approach, very interesting drew, good luck!

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dude u can't do this.....way too much work for a chick...u are compromising your manhood w/ all this!! :eek: