1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss you Donatas Motiejūnas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, May 4, 2015.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

OMG! He lost both legs!

2. moodazz

moodazz Member

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Guess he's just have to stump his way through.. :grin:

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I still think he would have made a difference. Granted we came back and won against LA. We are missing him in this series big time

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So he is an allstar isn't he? ;)

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think he will be on the verge next year if healthy. He's clearly better than Jones and any other PF we have.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This guy would be feasting this series on the offensive end.

Plus, he is much better than any of our PFs contending the small on the pnr.

Smith lets Curry get by him so easily coming off the pick.

Get well soon big man.

I can't wait until he's the clear cut PF and Jones is gone. His confidence is going to sky rocket - and we all saw how he played when that happened.

1 person likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still TJones fan and I am starting to like DMo more than before....

I do not get all the one has outplay the other part

They can co-exist for God sake.

Let us just be realistic. Both are young and because he is a Euro, he has a better knack at teamball....

Euros usually defer too much..... He probably has to carry a team in order to become a star much like 'Paul Gasol'.

And I am not a fan of Gasol but he is an soft allstar. But I doubt he has the amount of talent of Gasol

9. Downtown Sniper

No they can't co-exist.

D-Mo has shown he is sensational when he is the clearcut PF and not having another breathing down his neck ready to steal his minutes.

For better or worse that's where he's at. And I don't mind because he is the best post player offensively in the entire NBA.

No one. Absolutely no defender can stop his array of moves.

He is better already in that aspect than Gasol.

He is also a sensational passer out of the post.

This was his first season starting basically and he was integral to this team getting the 2nd seed.

TJones needs to be traded as soon as possible to let D-Mo continue to flourish.

D-Mo can go to other teams and be the focal point of their offense.

TJones cannot do that.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you are basing that on exactly how many games (40-50)?

I need him to play 2 full seasons to evaluate further.

Nope, get over it. Capela might just take some of Dmo's minutes. He can be a PF/C.

If Capela can embrace the role of a bruiser.

We will get another PF, once Jones is traded as you say.

The new PF will get minutes..... Just cannot stick with one player.

It is all about the team, man.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Green would have shut him down.

12. Downtown Sniper

Ok. During that extra whole season you need to evaluate - you'll see Jones chuck up some big numbers against subpar teams and second string bigs.

You'll also see him consistently fail against the upper echelon.

D-Mo doesn't shy away from the big names. How many times can we say TJones has absolutely bamboozled and embarrased Noah?

That's just one example.

We will get another PF. And that PF will know he's a key man off the bench who's job isn't to p***y around in the post and consistently shoot short jumpers time and time and time and time again.

The front office will let D-Mo know he is the PF for this team, and he will continue to go out and be the second best offense for this team behind the beard.

And no, just stop it with Capela taking his minutes. Hopefully that was you being sarcastic. The only minutes Capela takes is Howard's to preserve his health for the playoffs.

Come on man. Don't just throw ***** against the wall hoping it sticks. Use some common sense.

13. J Hard

J Hard Member

Smh, the trolls sure come out in droves in defeat.

If you really thimk Dmo is the answer, then you may not kno much bball.

14. Downtown Sniper

D-Mo the answer?

Or D-Mo one of the final pieces in the puzzle?

Riddle me this.
    What would he have done the first two games without the interior defense of Bogut down low?

Geez. I mean just think for a second before you start running your mouth.

We all know the answer is a new coach.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am being serious here.... I followed Motiejunas closely during his earlier days.

He once was a Top 8 prospect and even predicted to be as good as Valanciunas...or better

Then someone found out he had rebounding problems and he had some motor problems, deferring too much during games....(Problems of a lot of Euros) and he was soft to bang down low

And he slid down to the 20th pick in the 1st round.

Another example:

I never was a fan of Dragic, he had his 20 point season with Phoenix and then he just regressed.

I am just having doubts about Euros. It is just me. Hope he isn't wired that way.

And I hope you are right.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Donuts

<3

17. Downtown Sniper

I'd take rebounding problems with a grain of salt considering every single person on this Rockets team not named Howard seemingly doesn't understand the definition of rebounding.

Agree he does defer during games. Do you think that has to do with his confidence levels? I do. If he knows he's the clear number 2 option behind James I personally believe those deferring issues stop.

If he gets the verbal ok from Howard and James to do his thing.... I think you see a monster on the offensive end in the making.

Dragic. I can't comment on. But I will say offensive PGs are a dime a dozen. Big men with D-Mo's skillset on offense are hard to come by. Extremely hard to come by.

Not only that, he is our best positional defender at the PF position. He moves his feet very well on the perimeter. Just look how many times Curry put JSmoove on his hip immediately after the pnr which caused our defense to scramble and break down.

To each his own.

But I cannot wait for D-Mo to get back and I hope this franchise makes it known to him from the beginning of training camp that they're confident going to war with him.

Confidence is a hell of a drug. Just ask Jeremy Lin.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Missing U: Donatas Motiejunas

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Until Dmo can rebound like a starter should, he doesn't deserve a guaranteed starting spot. As well as he played offensively, we were absolutely devastated on the offensive glass by his terrible habit of trying to tip (instead of grab) the boards. Unfortunately, there are going to be plenty of nights where Howard is either gimpy or in foul trouble and our PF has to be able to control the boards. That's not something Dmo has showed himself capable of and I can't think of any player who started his career as a soft rebounder but turned into a tough and capable one.

And while his post moves can be awesome from a visual sense, he isn't always successful at actually scoring. Tough post defenders have had no issue pushing him out beyond his comfort zone. He's good but to call him the best post player in the league when he didn't manage to average 20 puts a game is stretching it majorly.

I'd rather use Dmo in a package trade to improve one of our roster gaps than pin our hopes on him being a full blooded starter - he just isn't tough enough to merit the hype I've seen in this thread.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This. They obviously miss both Beverly and DMO, but many people overrate certain players on this team and especially players with no playoff experience in which the game down low is dramatically more physical. The grass is always greener on the other side.