1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Yao !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

An overlooked fact in this thread:
    Yao ****s on Dwight Howard. It's wonderful watching him destroy Howard every time we play the Magic. Ahhhhh

2. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Ownage

Interesting analysis.

3. albuster

albuster Member

This DD!

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think yao will be healthier now after the surgery like Z is. i just don't think he'll be able to resume his old responsibilities. however, yao will still be a very very effective player.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Look at the first comment...it reads....

"..And yes, I think Dwight Howard is the only person in history I would compare with Hakeem."

Wow lol...Dwight is a great player, but nothing like Hakeem...at all...except he blocks shots and can rebound...that's about it.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Rockets just need a few more tools in their tool chest. Mainly, they need a hammer. Yao is a hammer.

7. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Yeah I LOL'd when I saw that... No one compares to the dream... NO ONE.

8. towW

towW Member

Dominate for us pleease.

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Good things come to an End. I really like Yao as a person but his best playing days may be over. I wish him a healthy recovery and hope he never gets hurt again. But he might never play well against DH again.

Magics showed me they were committed on getting him his touches, something Yao always lacked and with his injuries I highly doubt he gets as much touches again. Next year I can easily see DH dominate Yao with much higher stats, simply because he can stay on the court longer and is still one of the main focal points for the magics.

I also believe Yao said he will try to be around 10 less pounds, which is something that may effect his ability to push DH around.

It will be exciting and scary next year as we all watch Yao take the court. We hope he plays great but I am sure all of us will cringe if the big guy limps, rolls on the floor, bangs knee, etc.

10. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

dammnn. both those birds only have one leg! :confused:

11. matthappy

matthappy Member

just relax,dudes

yao would be fine when be back next season after the recovery of the surgery,i know him well.this guy is sure to prove his rebirth.I believe he would own DH again when they meet .

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I can't wait for next year when yao comes back...

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

He can draw fouls anywhere on the court I think. We've already seen this repeatedly these last few games (which were poor games by Martin's standards). He pump fakes/draws contact while driving, or not driving, or whatever, then throws something up. He's very good at it and doesn't have to be at the basket to do it.

14. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

why is everyone talking about next year already... geeez

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You didn't get the memo?

DD

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah a broken down hammer.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is being re-forged by the elves at Rivendale !

DD

18. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Imagine how good this season wouldve been if Yoa was playing !! :(

19. bloop

bloop Member

Answer: Martin's quick first step helps him with and without the ball. Expect to see him flash through the lane to cherry pick passes at the basket or backside cut for layups. This is something that we haven't seen this year because Brooks cant pass and no one commands doubles but which is part of Martin's repertoire.

Also: Martin's shooting has not been good so far in Houston, but he's equally able to shoot off the dribble with contact or off passes. Obviously his game changes (along with Brooks who will have to be dramatically different particularly with his passing, and Ariza who will have entirely different duties on offense with Yao in the game)

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this thread is more knee jerk the those at least those threads are about players that will be back this season (not landry sadly) and not seeing them play right now its something out of the ordinary

this one for Yao who we all know was going to be out for the entire year for the sake of his entire basketball career. going into the season everyone knew it was going to be a tough year, you kept saying it yourself its a "developmental year" so why post something like this now after a pretty bad loss at home?

thats knee-jerk right there

i've missed yao every game this season and of course trying to vent here about it is at times appropriate but certainly not after a tough loss. its just going to beg people to pile on...for a guy who wants to try to clean up the garm threads like these do not help at all