1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Yao !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would put the chances of him coming back and being healthy at <50%

2. dexkk

dexkk Member

Yao used to frustrate the hell out of me but now I really miss him. I also miss Deke.

You never appreciate the things you have until they're gone.

3. heyangw

heyangw Member

Then you would probably start another I miss Yao thread after watching Griffin play for half season.
    Oh, I forgot, you will not have a chance to watch him play. He got injured before the season started and cannot play a single game in his rookie year.
    Then you will probably start another trade Griffin for John Wall thread.

4. heyangw

heyangw Member

That's true. So why don't we give a little bit more support and patience to our current players.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nah, I just think with Griffin only being 22 years old he has a longer career ahead of him.

Trust me, I love Yao, think he is great, but his injuries scare me...more than Blake's do.

DD

6. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I love yao but adekman was the one that blew this game, there is no reason for us to start the 2nd quarter with this lineup.

Temple
    Bud
    Battier
    jeffries
    armstrong

horrible decision

7. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I completely agree with you.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Trading Yao for a proven young guy I would understand.

But Griffin hasn't proven anything in the NBA, not to mention he might've lost some athleticism with the season ending injury - yet you're so willing to trade Yao for him? Hmm.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think Griffin will be special, and Yao being 7'6" and 300 pounds is not going to change....bad feet and big guys have a bad history....

Anyway, it ain't happening.....so I would be more than Happy to have Yao back.

DD

10. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Give it time. Like Bud said, "Its like starting over."

You have to allow RA to find combos that work.

11. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Chalk that one up to "I'm never trying that again".

12. raj87

raj87 Member

Ideally, the 2010-2011 Houston Rockets will feature Brooks in a "Bobby Jackson" role as a reserve. Ariza will be the 5th option, with Battier traded away for PF or G help. Martin will be the primary scoring wing, playing off of Yao.

13. somenobody

somenobody Member

Who else dosen't?

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Interesting thread and post coming from you DD...
    contrast this seemingly optimistic post to ones from but a couple days ago...
    as well as...
    While i agree with you that Yao is the main culprit with post entry passes, I absolutely disagree with the notion that Yao will no longer represent the main piece in the puzzle. For better or worse, Yao when healthy, will continue to be the face of the organization, the player morey builds around, the player the ball goes to first and most often, the defensive anchor and the most important and figuratively and literally biggest "piece" of the puzzle.

Barring the rockets acquiring a player like bosh, amare, stoudamire etc, or kevin martin suddenly becomes dwayne wade, the rockets will barely be a playoff team, if Yao is barely playing over 20 minutes a game or if hes isnt a main piece to the rockets puzzle. Even with a fully recovered Yao, i doubt the rockets are title contenders, imagine if Yao was just another player...

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Blah,

All true, Yao is bad at getting position in the post and he is difficult to pass it to because of his slowness in reaction time.

Doen't mean I don't understand what he brings to the floor every single night on offense and defense.

Don't take constructive criticism as an indicator of what people think of the total player.

DD

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Why are you responding to the part where i explicitly agree with you? I've never been one to blame Francis, Alston, Sura or anyone else, (unless its luther head :grin: ) for failed entry passes to Yao. Its simply Yaos inability to a, hold off his man and b, go get the ball that makes it so difficult.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sorry, I don't think Yao will ever be the main focus again.

I think he will be one of the main focuses, along with Kmart and Brooks...

And next year, I doubt he plays more than 24 minutes a game....

DD

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think yao coming back will help the defense moreso than the offense. b/c we struggle to defend in the past few months, guys just try think "we have to outscore people." in tonight's game, all i saw was a lot of guys trying to get theirs.

and yes, i don't think yao will ever play more than 30+ minutes on a consistent basis anymore. however, at 20-25 minutes, that is still better than what we are getting from our other big guys.

hopefully he can come back and play like a much better version of Z!

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Criticism, if correctly observed, are merely analysis and indicators of existing problems, as are interesting observations or commentary on opinions and writings, dont let them cast a negative connotation that might not exist.

20. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

What's your basis for saying it? Big Z came back healthy with the same surgery. Rocket's medical staff believe that Yao will come back healthy. So how did you determine your percentage at <50%?