1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Yao !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao wouldn't save this rockets team. I doubt he will resign here.

Sad to say that this rockets team will be a lottery team until they draft a couple of top rookies.

2. bugerking3

bugerking3 Member

Wait...but..but..

But aren't the Rockets were better without that slow footed turnover prone tall softy who can't Dominate the game like Dwight Howard?

I miss Yao too...

miss him getting neutralized by fronting defenses

miss him getting crossed over by Marbury that one time his rookie year

and miss him getting blocked by Nate Robinson that one time. Soft guy even acted like he got faked poked in the eye.

Seriously though, he means a lot to the team. For the 10 things he does better than most every other center, we get all knee jerk pessimistic about that one thing that he (his body) can't do.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You know that whole fronting defense issue we've had? Kevin Martin will have a field day if they front Yao.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I disagree, I think Yao adds a focus, let's not forget this is a year of growth, of experimentation.

There are no expectations, enjoy AB's growth, enjoy CBud, enjoy Trevor finding his niche, enjoy Scola's hustle......and our new star Kmart.

Next year, that is the key....and Yao will be ready.

I would bet he is near healthy, they are just taking it slow...very smart...imo.

DD

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I miss Yao playing.

Still, I'd like to see something from this group without him.

If they continue playing defense like this Yao will foul out in the 3rd quarter.

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Way too optimistic to think Yao could get back to his own next season. BigZ took a season to get back to his own game.

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i still remember when people were debating whom the rockets could win more games with, yao or tmac. pfft, i laughed.

Wishing the big fella a speedy recovery. i miss his unstoppable hook shot/low post presence.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yao is better than him...and has a better shot....

I don't think he goes back to 25 points from the low block but 16-18 and some low block mixed in with high post is doable.

DD

9. heyangw

heyangw Member

When Yao was playing, not much people could see that.
    That is why there were lots of thread like "Trade Yao for Griffin" and "Trade Yao for Oden".

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Honestly, I don't feel 'enjoy' at all.

btw, you actually have a high expectation on the next season.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Uh, for the record, I love Yao, but I would trade him for Blake Griffin so fast it would make your head spin.

DD

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8XzxMQRH6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8XzxMQRH6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Well for the record, Blake DID get a season ending injury his freak'n rookie year... :grin: Could this be a start of a injury prone career?

14. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

enjoy ariza??? dd, cmon now! he cannot play. he is being exposed. enjoy brooks? im afraid he is a quality backup scoring point guard, but nothing more. with yao, we still need a high quality wing and i hope we can package martin and something else to get that person.

1 person likes this.
  15. s3ts

s3ts Member

This is obvious.

I always felt like the 5-spot is what should have improved off of the trade deadline. We need a big man to back-up Yao next season anyways.

Morey saying that he's depending on 2010 draft for a big man to back Yao up, is a middle-finger to the season ticket holders. If you ask me, we need a big player at the low-post more than a scorer, we already have a scorer in Mr. Brooks. A true PG would've helped noticeably too, but not as much as a big.

IMO, the SG position is stacked for the Rockets and is just creating bunch of drama amongst them by adding more w/ Kevin Martin.

16. Yak

Yak Member

Sad to say that *INSERT ANY TEAM* will be a lottery team until they draft a couple of top rookies.

It's not just us.

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

best yao ming mix out there today.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This season should shut all the Yao haters up for good...oh wait, when Yao is back next season people will start complaining again and say he makes the team worse.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Probably. But we will not be in lotto contention and thats all i care about.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Naw that is just the clippers curse.