1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I miss Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure why you bother

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

From my time here on the forum. It's usually the one that says I don't like ____ or I'm not a fan of ______ are one of the biggest Stan for that said person.

I didn't call u a fan, I said for u 2 get caught up with my references before jumping in to defend tilman.

The narrative that Harden had sooo much pull in the org that he forced poor tilmans hand to trade cp3 and destory our team is one of the dumbest sht I ever heard said by anti hardens posters.
    Dem folks always conveniently seem to ignore the part where our "great owner" went around btching how expensive cp3 contract was.

YOLO and vlaurelio like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

and they try to just look past the fact that he literally gloated and admitted publicly how he forced the move. and no wonder folks in the organization took the opportunity to leave as fast as they could

[​IMG]

HP3, DatRocketFan and vlaurelio like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Harden truly had so much pull, then Tilman’s pockets wouldn’t have been so empty when it came to trying to improve the team.

Was Tilman being cheap based on orders from Harden? His cheapness is what started everything. How do u make it to game 7 of the WCF, and then every other sentence out your mouth is about avoiding the LT? Are u trying to win or not?

now look at us

this is 1 of the biggest immediate drop offs you’ll ever see…we literally went from 50 win playoff team to worst of all-time before u could even sh*t, shower, and shave

HP3, YOLO, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

It's harden's fault he didn't donate his salary to Tilman

amaru, DatRocketFan and Reeko like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman’s seems like the type who would keep his staff’s tips

amaru and vlaurelio like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's the thing that bothered me the most during hardens last few years with tilman. Dudes always saying I will do whatever it takes to win but is always avoiding lts.

Like if u can't even go all in for James Harden, I am 100% positive tilman is not doing it for any other player. If we r ever gonna win a chip it's gonna b a team with a set budget.

YOLO, amaru and Reeko like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Guy made his fortune off of the service industry--he knows how to over promise and under deliver.

hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yet some folks like to blame harden for choking. Gsw is fully stacked with HOfs with an owner willing to open out the wallet meanwhile Harden has an owner talks about doing the same while always doing the opposite. Quite sad.
    I find it quite funny when tilman tried selling it to Harden and some of the gullible folks here that wall and cousins r best reinforcement for our push towards playoffs.

I will do whatever it takes for us to win a ring, here's 2 past th3ir prime players coming back from serious injuries as your reinforcement Harden.

YOLO, Reeko, RHU525 and 1 other person like this.
  10. steddinotayto

I'm not on the extreme end of the CF spectrum in terms of being angry at Tilman or Less for not paying the luxury tax because I don't know what Morey could have done more if he had that green light. I say that because we should all know by know that Morey and his convictions on how to construct a roster was to 1. obtain as many stars as possible and 2. have the rest of the roster orbit around said stars. Now this plan almost worked to perfection when he had Harden and CP3 but that team literally had to be perfect every time they hit the floor in order to succeed because the complementary players were one or two dimensional. That's where I wonder if Morey had more freedom (or perceived freedom), would he have brought in more well-rounded players that can do a little bit of everything...or would he have doubled down on bringing in the 3&D types that, when their shots aren't falling, became a liability on offense and thereby create more pressure/stress on Harden and Paul to produce?

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Facts anyone with a brain knows our problems start and end with Tillman. Heck he's probably the one feeding the media these stories about Harden and CP3 not getting along to cover his own butt when the trade he forced on us blew up in his face. And now we are stuck with this and John Wall........

Have any two franchises in a single city fallen as hard as the Rockets and Texans the last 3 years? Like we were perennial playoff teams and now we have this...

HP3, YOLO, amaru and 1 other person like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No they just needed to be healthy

2018 rockets were a playing cp3 away from winning the championship

amaru and steddinotayto like this.
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I love Harden but I can never forgive him for two things: The Spurs playoff series choke job without Kawhi and forcing management to get rid of CP3 for Russ. SMH

Milos, hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The dude was at the Booby bar until 6am the day of game 6, and he stunk it up that night in the Spurs game.

I blame him, but also Morey for coddling him too much.

DD

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I was never a big Harden fan but I feel OP.. I wish we could fast forward 4 years or go back 4 years with this Rockets franchise .. This **** here is depressing to watch.. I literally tuned in last year to laugh, be entertained, and see who would be drafted to lead the rebuild ... There's nothing remotely entertaining about this **** today .. Im on board with Green progressing to the franchise guy in a few short years but man it's tough to witness so far..

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's like u don't even read the few previous posts.
    Sure harden choking vs spurs is on him. But the narrative that Harden has so much fking pull in the org that he forced an owner btching about cp3 contract to break up a championship caliber team is just pure asine.

YOLO likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

That too but we can't forget the epic collapse at the 3 point line in Game 7 either. Looking up the stats, it was bad enough that Harden went 2/13 on 3s but the rest of the team shot 5/31. With a healthy Paul we would have hoisted our 3rd championship but that Game 7 was definitely winnable without him. We just decided that the rest of the court didn't matter and kept firing 3s :(

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm enjoying the little mins that sengun plays.

19. HTM

HTM Member

Came up small in the biggest spots in the playoffs consistently. We were pretenders... Harden was never going to take us to a championship as the dude ... do not miss Harden. I miss CP3 though, he was a baller. Too bad he did his hammy that one year.

20. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

Harden was definitely like that for most of his Houston career, but he made a big jump between 18 and 19, and was legitimately very good in the 19 and 20 playoffs. Shame we couldn't have that version of Harden with the 18 roster