1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss Austin...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Prempeh, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I'm back in Houston right now after 4 years at UT, and every day that goes by I find another reason why I love Austin so much better than Houston...

But for the purpose of this thread, I just wanted to get some input on some good places here in Houston for nightlife -- I am so spoiled being that in Austin, you can just make the 5 min drive to downtown and then you pretty much have access to whatever type of crowd you wanna be with.

But in Houston, it's so spread out, and there's just not the concentration of the college demographic that there is in Austin...or at least I haven't found it yet.

The reason I bring this up? Last night my friend wanted to go out, but he didn't have his ID on him, so he tells me we'd just go to the Hurricane Hut...now, granted, the sights to be seen there are definitely not bad (i.e. girls in thongs, and pretty hot girls in general), but the crowd is just way too young, and way too mainstream for me. I just felt totally out of place.

I just wanna find some 21 and up clubs, with a good college-type crowd, a laid back atmosphere (i.e. no blaring house music), a good share of beautiful babies, and maybe even some SC on the tube (although that's not a must-have). For those that know Austin, I guess you could say I am looking for the equivalent of Logan's or the Coppertank.

Any suggestions? I live in Spring Branch, so if you guys know places relatively near that area, all the better. Thanks in advance for helping land some tang.

2. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Good places for alt boys from Austin -

No Tsu Oh
    JR's/Santa Fe Patio
    Rudyard's Pub

Go check out Montrose area.

But yes, Austin girls are much easier for twenty somethings and it is nice having them all concentrated. But in all fairness Houston takes some getting used too and I happen to like being older than most of the girls here...;)

3. University Blue

"JR's?!"

The queens they use wouldn't excite him.

University (Bangkok) Blue

4. LeGrouper

I take it you were detecting my thoughts on Austin guys. There is a reason Austin girls are so easy. And don't take it personally Prempeh, just an old Ag.

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I miss him too! :(

[​IMG]

Maybe Vince will sack up and fire the writing staff.

But seriously, cool thread. I was meaning to ask a similar question myself. Now if only those friggin' covers imposed on the under 21 crowd would go away. :mad:

6. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

LeGrouper

I won't take it personally, but my only suggestion for you is that some people could definitely take what you're insinuating as being offensive. Not in reference to me, specifically, but if you're "making fun" of Austin guys for being homosexual, what does that say about you and your less than progressive A&M mindset?

7. LeGrouper

tranquilo - I am not saying anything about anyone. Just because you read something into my post doesn't mean it is there. I think you are paranoid.:eek:

I am very progressive by the way, and I love Austin. But straight Austin men are my competition, and the Sooners just scored another touchdown.:p