1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I might have been wrong for Cato

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketmike, Nov 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin is an awful defensive player; He cannot stop anybody one on one and never could.

He's a decent weakside shotblocker, but that's it. Hell, at least taylor has some bulk; Griffin gets shoved around like a rag doll.

Taylor's defense is nothing to write home about but its no worse than Griffin.

Taylor is probably the 4th or 5th best option on offense after YM, SF, CM and JJ. Remember, this a guy who actually can average 18 points a game in the NBA rather than Eddie, who people think (or more accurately, USED to think) could do the same.

Add that to the fact that Mo desperately wants to be a Rocket and contribute and Eddie does not, and its a no brainer.

I think its a wash to keep eddie or replace him. He is a minimum salary player, if that, as is his replacement (Braggs). I'm not going to lose too much sleep over a Third String PF for garbage timie purposes.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

TWO WORDS: OFFSEASON WORK.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't know if we should apologize to Kelvin for our years of derision or he should apologize to us for not playing anywhere near his potential for those years.

Bygones!

Let the lovefest begin.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love all the BUTs in the apology.

5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

No doubt that Cato left his lazier half behind him at the start of last season, most probably brought on by the arrival Yao Ming so apparently he needs to feel the pressure in order to perform. I would really consider giving Cato more minutes at the 4 than Taylor at this point, or hell move Taylor to the 3 and start them all at the same time. Cato and Yao in the post are a nightmare for opposing big men. They could easily average 5 to 6 blocks a game between them. I also like the chemistry between Francis and Cato when they're both on the court. Cato knows at what point to make his move to the basket for a Francis lob as Francis draws Cato's defenders outside.

6. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

I certainly don't think that MoT could play the 3. I won't even name the guys at that position that would blow by him. I mean as a "Big lineup" it would be great in spots but as a starter he would get abused.

Mike

7. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Notice It says might have been wrong? If Cato keeps it up I'm sorry for all I said. BUT if he reverts back to Couchpa-Cato then I'm not sorry for my prior judgements lol.

Mike