1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I might get roasted for this, but...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Feb 10, 2017.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I kind of hate listening to Craig Ackerman... Am I alone here? I thought he'd be great at first but lately I find him incredibly annoying.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I much prefer Bill. I like announcers to have a good speaking voice. Bill has a good deep announcers voice, while Ackerman sounds like the the guy who volunteers to call a high school game.

I really don't get why they are kicking Bill to the curb. I guess if Vin Scully had worked for the Rockets he would have been fired twenty years ago.

3. thejav

thejav Member

Everything will be fine after bill leaves..

4. RCPM

RCPM Member

I like him.

DudeWah likes this.
  5. seeingred

seeingred Member

i just wish he'd stop saying "Squeezes one off"...

yeah, dislike.

KDavis, JMAD21 and acsorelle4 like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least you didn't post SCOTTIE PIPPEN highlights like some other dude.

7. varughese.arun

Dang...IMHO, replacing Bill Worell with Ackerman is like OKC trading Harden away for J. Lamb, K. Martin and some picks. TRASH.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Craig knows his stuff, he's kind of funny, but his voice is definitely grating. He also has iffy chemistry with Bull. It sounds like he is trying too hard.

I prefer Bill, but I think Craig might be able to get more comfortable in the roll... but that voice... I don't know.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is great.

DD

arabrocket and glenadyll like this.
  10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Bill is like watching the game with your uncle, Craig like a co-worker. Craig will be alright. He just needs to mellow a bit, have fun with it as opposed to making it fun.

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I like him. Most of his witty comments are quick and come natural you can tell. I think him and Bull in a few years will be a great combo.

With that said, I'm still team Worrell.

shaggylambda and DudeWah like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People Hate Bill just because he can't see some players, pronounces a name wrong, misses a random call, or says "Number 1 draft pick". All easily ignorable offenses.

J.R., jbasket, TracywtFacy and 8 others like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am past the phase not liking him/his voice... now hes solid... gotta make the adjustments to be able to enjoy life no matter what

DudeWah and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Ackerman is the AckerMAN.

I'll get my coat.

15. FearTheBeardJH

My advice would be to not listen to league's worst commentators in the first place.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No problem with him.

glenadyll likes this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I love Bill and still do but there are times when I can tell it might be time to hang it up. He could easily get a few more years in though. Craig just needs to let it come a little more naturally but he'll get there and be good.

Lol at "number 1 draft pick". First round pick Bill. Just say it.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Look, I love Bill and wouldn't say I want him to go, but I do really like Ackerman.

DudeWah likes this.
  19. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I don't LOVE him, but I don't HATE him either. He's very good, but maybe lacking that itangible quality? Charisma? Him and Bullard are good, but they need a third person (not clyde). Someone more colorful. That way they have a play by play guy, the bball analyst, and then a guy who mostly comes up with the cool slogans and stuff when the Rockets do something awesome. Like a Mark Jackson, except good.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm ok with him. I think at times he tries to be too much like Kevin Harlan and he simply doesn't have the voice for that. But he does seem more on top of things than Bill Worrell. Bill will always be my favorite announcer(especially when he was paired with Murph), but in recent years, he's made way too many mistakes with players' names and relies too much on calling late game baskets "cold-blooded".

The most important thing going forward is that they keep it Craig and Bull. Keep Clyde the hell away from that broadcast team!

Yung-T and Richie_Rich like this.