1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Andy Pettite

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by steddinotayto, Oct 19, 2007.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's in the past but this still chafed me:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=klapisch_bob&id=3070368

At least he's honest about it I guess?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Meh. Not really a shot at the Astros. It's just support for Torre and a little insight into his relationship with him.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I see what y'all are saying. I still love Pettitte.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Too bad he doesn't love you. He only loves Torre and Roger Clemens AND THAT'S ALL!!!

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

By the way, does anyone else think that Grady Sizemore of the Indians looks sorta like Pettitte?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought this thread was started by clemens

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I love it. That's ONE ballsy comment to make about the front office of the team you play for.

9. MaxwellsTemper

Screw Pettitte. After that crap he pulled last year, how we "didn't appreciate him" and now this.. give me a break. Cry me a river you woman. Stay up north where you are appreciated.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

When he left NY he was "follwing his heart" to Houston...to play at home. He felt hurt and surprised that the Yankees didn't make a bigger pitch for him to stick around.

When left Houston to go back to NY (after waiting into December to communicate to anyone that he actually was going to play baseball again), he was "following his heart" again. He felt hurt and surprised that the Astros didn't make a bigger pitch for him to stay around.

The "aww shucks" stuff doesn't work when it's so transparent, Andy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1683732

"They really wanted me here," said Pettitte. "My heart started pulling me and tugging me to come back down here and play in front of the Astros and the Houston fans."

Later, as he left the Yankees' minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., Steinbrenner said, "It's obvious to a lot of us from the start that he wanted to go home."

"He wanted to go home to Houston. And I admire him for wanting to be with his family. He couldn't do that in New York," Steinbrenner said. "He was a great competitor for me."

"When I left there after (World Series) Game 6, I never really envisioned myself in a different uniform," Pettitte said. "I thought that they would try to make a serious push to sign me then."

11. right1

right1 Member

He'll be sittin' on his *ss in his Lazyboy next week watching Willy T, like the rest of the 2005 Astros.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw Petitte... I'm sick of his primadonna cry me a river antics about feeling under appreciated.

13. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

The "aww shucks" stuff doesn't work when it's so transparent, Andy.

Nail on the head, MadMax. If it's about the money say it, but don't do the John-Boy Walton routine every time you make a move.
    I think it's funny that the Yankees got busted out first round again, which means he got to play- let's see- ONE WEEK longer than the Astros...
    Screw him...

14. tidy

tidy Contributing Member

I hate Andy Pettitte! He is a traitor.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree with you guys: F Pettite. Let him rot up there in NY. And he can keep Clemens with him...

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

steaddinotayto = clemens

17. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Say what you will about Pettitte, but the Stros could use him. Some of you sound like a bunch of Richard Justice's. Maybe the Yankees will hire Phil Garner to ensure AP stays around. :)

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Somebody needs to step up and wrap Andy's Houston home with tp. ;)

It comes across as a knock against Garner.

I think the one thing I've learned from Clemens and Pettitte is that their egos demand too much pampering. After a while, you just have to let them do whatever they want to do. Their so-called loyalties can change on a dime...except when it comes to loyalties to each other. We know where they stand with each other, i.e. if they turned gay...then they would fall into each other's arms. I guess with the addition of Torre...they would be a threesome. lol

#18 Surfguy, Oct 20, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  19. EvaRocketsLuv

EvaRocketsLuv Member

Judging from the tone of this thread, sounds like a lot of you would appreciate this satirical article from the Onion:

Left Bed in Clemens, Pettite's Shared Hotel Room Clearly Unused

KANSAS CITY—One of the beds in the hotel room occupied by Yankee pitchers and offseason workout partners Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens was left completely untouched during the first night of the team's four-game road series, sources at the Embassy Suites in Kansas City reported early Tuesday morning. "It is quite peculiar, especially since both men were there when I delivered the tray of chocolate-covered strawberries they ordered from room service at 11:30 p.m.," said room maid Maria Santos, who claimed the bed remained exactly as she left it the morning before, save for the removal of one pillow, which was found at the foot of the other bed with a slight tear in the fabric. "Normally I would have been happy to only have to make one bed, had the other one not been a complete mess. And somehow everything on the top of the kitchen table ended up on the floor, too." Andy Pettitte was not available for comment, and is day-to-day with a sore groin.