1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my home today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Damn man, I'm really sorry to hear that.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man, I am soo sorry.

Happy top hear you are safe, though

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wish you could come and stay at my home man. Hope you guys are coping well.

4. Nigel Thornberry

Very sorry to hear this :(

5. the shark

the shark Member

Let me first say how sorry I am about your situation. It's heartbreaking.

My sister and BIL had to be rescued by boat. Water up to their roof. They've lost everything they own.

My niece and her family have lost everything as well. She has a young toddler and is pregnant.

My best friend and his wife have lost everything as well. He's been struggling the past six months to make a living, and now throw in that both their cars are under water it's going to make things even tougher for him.

I can go on and on with more loved ones that have suffered the same fate as I'm sure most of us can.

I will say to you what I have said to them. By the grace of god you are alive and you WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!!

Hang in there and I will be praying for you and your family.

Invisible Fan and fryjol7 like this.
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Sorry to hear brother. Try to keep your head up, important thing is that you & your family are safe.

As far the financial, set up a gofundme. I'll help you out & I know people on the board would too.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Terrible news, justtxyank, but the main thing is that you and your loved ones are safe. My sister's house in League City flooded, something that hasn't happened since sometime in the 1980's. The whole city of greater Houston is facing a catastrophe of truly epic proportions, and for once, the words mean something. Stay safe and good luck. That goes for everyone.

What a nightmare.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Absolutely- I'll contribute to a GoFundMe page- and if you need any other help down the road, even if it's months later, you PM me and I'll be there.

And I changed my avatar to all-red in support of you. Maybe others can do the same as a gesture of support for a fellow CF member.

DonKnock, el gnomo, Bobsputin and 2 others like this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

So sorry to hear that.

I think we should put together a Clutchfans recovery group. We've got people from all walks of life that could lend their skills to helping with relief. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc. I plan on taking a week off of work and coming down to Houston to help out. Please message me (anyone) if you need any assistance cleaning up.

DonKnock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm happy to hear you and your family are safe, but sorry for the loss of your house. Stay strong.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So sorry bro I am likely in the same boat we are just waiting to see how bad it was as we left on mandatory evacuation a few days ago. Kids were supposed to start school...sons kindergarten teacher lived in Pecan Grove which was evacuated. Not sure where all the displaced families are going to go while their homes are repaired or demolished including us.

DonKnock and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Keep your head up...you will see the way our community will bounce back. We will pick each other up and will be a light for our lost nation.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

BTW...please do file with FEMA asap...

DonKnock likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As a fellow Houstonian who had to evacuate his one-story home near the Addicks Reservoir, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

15. TheresTheDagger

One of the more respected posters on here Justtxyank...I am very sorry to hear this. I hope you can be there for your family now as they will need you. Be strong and know this...it WILL get better.

Meanwhile, we are all here for ya if you need to vent, ask questions or just talk Rockets if you need to take your mind off things.

I'm praying for you and your family.

Rashmon and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Good luck dude. Still holding out hope that my parents dont get serious property damage. Hasnt happened yet but the addicks resevoir mess is threatening it.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. So many of us in the same position it's hard to put your mind around.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Prayers with you

19. zzpot

zzpot Member

I'm in the same boat as you.... no pun intended... I'm at a friends place for now.... Just got back from 2 shelters just to see if I could get some socks... shoes.... and a T-shirt. I took 1 pair of socks and a shirt that is too small, I'll have to buy some new shoes because the Nike I had fell apart from walking in the water... The glue literally let go and the bottoms came off and floated away. The money in my pocket got washed out and I lost my ID, I'm screwed with no ID. I got a message to my boss and he got back to me that his house is flooded and the Business (Shop) is in "Lake Telephone Road" the water is over the roof of the building and his insurance said it would be 30 to 40 days before his claim could even be looked at, so I don't even have a little job to go to after the water goes down. I'm going to apply for food stamps as soon as I get new ID but until then I'll be asking for change on the streets. I'm going to turn this TV off and take a nap if I can.... There are so many people just as screwed as you and me but I'm great full for my friends dry home to stay in.

DonKnock, Invisible Fan and CometsWin like this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

I don't even know how to respond to something like this except to say you have my prayers sir.