1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my home today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Yeah I got several inches of water in my house and never felt so vulnerable. Anytime I hear heavy rain I get paranoid but I just can't begin to understand what your going through. Sorry for your lose.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Very sorry for this @justtxyank.

As lucky as I feel about not having any issues where I am, I'm having trouble processing all of the damage and all of the lives affected in my city.

DonKnock, Yung-T and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Really sorry to hear about that @justtxyank. Wish there was more we could do to help folks like you and others out. Unfortunately we got to get all that water out of town first, and then we can rebuild.

Since I'm in Dallas I'm already planning how to get supplies, tools, and materials to a couple of my friends in a few weeks when we can get in and demo their homes. One thing I'm doing is going to a surplus store at lunch to get several gallons of mold remediation spray for when we demo. Supplies like this will be non-existent in Houston for the foreseeable future so if you got friends outside of Houston call them today and have them help you with supplies like this you will need.

Please do not be shy with your friends from out of town, and never feel embarrassed to ask for help. People want to help, but they don't always know how.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are in my prayers.

I've been thinking of the CF community these few days, wondering how everybody is doing in the storm. I guess only Clutch knows the percentage of CF members live in Houston. It's gonna be a long recovery process. Life is much more than basketball. And it shows especially in times like this.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will FEMA help?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm sorry, brother. I've been there. It sucks. But it's just stuff. Your people and your health is what is truly important.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

sorry buddy, Houston will stay united and come out of this together.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

damn, I'm sorry to hear that Justtxyank. I know it's easy for people to say something like "It's just a house, not a home", and I'm sure that may sound flippant to some, but there is some truth in it. Your home resides with you and your daughter, not the other way around. It's times like these we have to reflect on the nature of what makes us whole. For me it's my relationship with family and the time I spend with them. I feel like as long as we're together, we're okay..and I sincerely hope you feel the same way with your daughter. Love your family, hold them tighter tonight, and know that things will get better. It may be dark right now, but darkness is temporary as the light will come. My heart is heavy for you brother. My prayer is that peace will be with you in knowing that you'll eventually come out of this. Stay safe, stay strong.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sorry to hear man :(

10. MystikArkitect

Where were you at? Sorry for your loss but you'll get through it.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Really sorry for your loss, glad your family is okay, that's definitely the most important! You will make it back from this.

I hope the water recedes sooner than heard. Shoot man, I've been locked on the Harvey thread and thought it was going okay for you, but then saw update and this. Such bs, Harvey sucks to put it lightly... Stay strong, you'll pull through! And as mentioned above don't worry about asking for help, you've more than earned it, I agree with the sentiment that most don't know how to offer help unless asked etc

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Will be thinking of you, @justtxyank -- this has to be a heart-breaking feeling, and with all the neighbors in different states of risk as well.

As best as you can, make sure you take care of yourself. Even if not sleeping well, stay in bed in rest. Make sure you eat as decently as you can. Do some intentional deep breathing every day (activates the good part of the nervous system, which you will need).

And as others have said, don't be shy about asking for help.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So sorry to hear this. Harvey is a ****er

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

So sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family must be going through. Just know that the CF community and thousands of people praying for you, your family, and everyone else that also lost their homes.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think a lot of us are going to be in the same boat.

My wife and I evacuated after water started coming in. I wish I was there to know how bad it's gotten -- it sucks having to wait to find out how bad your house was damaged.

Either way, we're in for months of work to get back to normal. I hope everyone has flood insurance.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I've never met you personally, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel for you and your family! It's heart wrenching to hear what you are going through at the moment , and I really have a hard time comprehending how much suffering is going on all around me. All I can tell you is that you and your family are safe and that "this to shall pass"! You might be looking at a long/difficult recovery process, but you will look back at this in the future and think how well you've rebounded! You are not defeated, you are merely stalled for a moment! Good memories are ahead of you my friend! Staying positive in the midst of adversity is half the battle! Remember, there are people who care about you and have you and your family in their prayers!!

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to you and your family.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Damn. Sorry to hear about all those affected by the storm.

19. conquistador#11

awful to hear this, thankfully everyone in your family is safe.
    I hosted my sister last year on april when jersey village flooded. She was depressed for an entire month but after the insurance money kicked in, she was determined to architect her dream closets and bathrooms.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I am so very sorry, friend.