1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I like Battier but...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

I would really like to see a more athletic and versatile player at his position who could shoot just as well if not better. I believe Sasha Pavlovic would fit that role perfectly in the Rockets new system. I know he's restricted but a sign an trade involving Battier to Cleveland would work salary wise and Cleveland could use another veteran presence on their team who can contribute. Who knows maybe Cleveland does this with taking Battier and takes Rafer and Spanoulis instead. Thoughts!

2. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

id rather get a pf that is versatile than an upgrade from battier

3. FFz

FFz Member

Battier is the only player on the rockets that gives ANY weakside help. If you're going to suggest we trade him, we better get someone that can block some shots and guard the 2/3 stars of the NBA.

4. Danbury

Danbury Member

Pavlovic's not an upgrade from Battier.

5. Since75

Since75 Member

I haven't forgotten about a PF. I think the Rockets will have to wait to see what happens with Darko. I believe he and Pavlovic would be perfect additions.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think the Rockets need better help than Snyder or Reed behind Battier.

IMO Rockets need two more additions starting PF and primary backup SF.

7. Since75

Since75 Member

He's younger, more athletic and he can also guard 2/3's. How isn't that an upgrade?

8. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Battier is way better than Pavlovic.

Now if you said trade Head for Pavlovic. That would be an upgrade but I don't see that happening.

9. Since75

Since75 Member

Way better in what regard. He's not bigger, faster, a better shooter, more athletic, nor is he younger. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the unconditional love for Battier.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I would take Battier over anyone from Cleveland besides Lebron. I guess him being one of the best defenders in the NBA isn't worth anything. I wouldn't want Pavlovic either, he's got Darko-ish statistics, but then again everyone jizzes themselves when someone says Darko..so sad. Kelenna Azubuike, a guy we had in the preseason and cut had almost the same numbers as Pavlovic. Much better options out there for much cheaper.

11. krockets

krockets Member

A lots players are younger, more athletic and can guard 2/3s, but that doesn't mean they are an upgrade to Battier.. I saw several Pavlovic's games, I really don't think he can provide what Battier can give us at the SF spot... Pass...

12. Since75

Since75 Member

What numbers are you speaking of. I'm talking about ability. Pavlovic can create his own shot. He's not one dimensional like Battier. He can and has played defense against 2's and 3's. He's not a bad defender. Tmac has indicated he wanted another perimeter player who could create. I don't think he was only talking about Rafer. Battier is a good player and every team should have a good role player, but the Rockets need guys who can do some of everything and Pavlovic has that capacity.

13. Since75

Since75 Member

Can you please tell me what is so great about Battier other than he has the bigger name.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd much rather have Travis Outlaw than Pavlovic. I don't care if Outlaw isn't much of a three point shooter. He has upside through the roof and keeps on getting better.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

You like Battier's butt?

16. Since75

Since75 Member

I'd like him too. In a perfect world he might be able to play the PF spot for the Rockets. He certainly brings athleticism.

17. krockets

krockets Member

Actually Kirk Snyder fits that bill as well, young, athletic, can guard the 2/3s, and he can create his own shot... I don't think Kirk is an upgrade to Battier, not even close.. And like someone said on this board, I wouldn't trade Battier for anyone other than Lebron from the Cavs..

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

He might have the capacity, but its not the kind for a champion caliber team (excuse the East, cause we all know that's garbage). Plus I don't think he's worth trading for at the expense of anyone besides Alston or JL3.

19. AkeemTheDreem86

I do! I do!!

20. Since75

Since75 Member

Kirk Snyder can't shoot from the perimeter consistently. His three point shot is not good. Pavlovic is a better shooter by far and is just as good if not better than Battier from the outside.