1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we don't want a winning record now, but...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 21, 2022.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No these young playersd must hit their peak straight away.......we can't wait or have patience ;)

2. TimDuncanDonaut

A college grad is smarter than a 4th grader, but among kids in their own grade level, they could still be behind in reading and math.

Instead of being patient (which is a non action), the better way is to have better teachers and have the kids to try harder. That or next year, trade for better kids. ;)

harold bingo likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We have a great roster to build with. I look at Smith Jnr and think of how much better he will be after 2 off seasons in the gym putting on muscle. Next year will be the big test. Another high draft pick and the chance to see if we can add some quality free agents that can help the team.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

It's ok to be hopeful, and balance patience with being realistic.

There's the Kilian Hayes and Johnny Davis of the world, and there's Keegan Murray and Ben Mathurins. Even if cheap rookie contracts, if the prospects bust, team wasted on playing time which could have gone to other guys.

A good GM has to know who to keep and when to pivot.

Right now guys like Garuba and Tari are above expectations. Jabari needs time. And then (sooner than later) team has to take a harder look on guys like KPJ, Nix, Tate, Christopher and KJ.

As players get to their 3rd (KJ, Tate) and 4th year (KPJ), the bar to clear are higher.

If timeline was what some thought of post Harden era... next season was supposed to be our pivot year. Wemby or not, doesn't look like we have many of the ingredients to jump.

burlesk likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I love her emotions - you can see that same fire in him. I hope they both retire as Rockets.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've said it elsewhere. If we are not getting a serviceable veteran PG now (which looks very likely), then why not play Nix and TyTy? Until Green tightens his dribble more, I don't trust him to bring the ball up court in a non-fastbreak situation.

I know TyTy is unproven, and Nix is the whipping boy of CF. But what do you have to lose? Games of course, duh. But we are losing games with KPJ handling the ball anyway. Might as well experiment with the kids like they experimented with KPJ and see what happens.

slothy420 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. Rockets4Life13

I dislike that Silas seems to play the guys according to their draft position.
    Tari has clearly shown that he's a very capable player and is playing like 18 minutes on average. That's not enough imo.

Tyty was mocked at late lottery in the beginning of the year, I'd expect him to get playing time if he was taken there but since we got him at (29?) He isn't getting any PT.

I personally think Silas is by far the worst coach in the league. He won't be fired tho and that's something I think we'll regret somewhere down the line.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to can Silas because he said that he has to pair one of the young ones with EGo lol IMHO Gordon must be the antidote for everything. :rolleyes:o_O

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

What do you mean “they”? :eek::eek::p

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Tari and MOMSTER ;)

Snow Villiers and DeBeards like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah...

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I.D.I.O.T.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    So…no more play-in?
    We can go TANKEN now?!!

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

silas is not developing hes stunting the growth...
    i see more development from random guys on the street playing basketball as a recreation
    what the rockets are doing tell me they not interested in winning short term nor long term...its just a financial cow to the corporate mouses

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Didn't realize the stats so I'll defer to you on this. We both agree we need to be patient with him. I think he's adjusting to the 3 point line as well. His shot also seems flat a lot of the time and I think he's pressing.

I love what Green is doing. Personally, I think the ball should always be in his hands. It's great to see how his game continues to develop.

Agreed on Sengun. Ultimately I would like to see Green, Tari, Smith, Sengun and a pg like Rondo. Rubio would be nice too

KPJ is definitely the guy you start if toy want Wembanyama or Henderson

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Coach just appears to be incompetent or they are paying him to throw games

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

he has to pair them with eg because he has to have someone holding on to the ball for 20 seconds and dribble into 3 people at all times. This is crazy.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's just a matter of time till they put it all together. The team is super young so it's to be expected.

Hell they probably win last night without 2 consecutive really awful Sengun turnovers late in the 4th.

Given time I think those kinds of mistakes start to go away and the wins will start to come.

maj21 likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'd rather watch Alpi, Tari and Bari and Garuba with TyTy on with the Vipers tbh. Would be a lot more fun to watch.

20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I did not watch the game but it looks like they could also have won if they played better when sengun was not on the court, since he has a 0 +/-. They could also have won if green hit some 3 pt shots. I mean I don't normally use +/- stats to say anything about individual performance, but it surely shows his 'two awful turnovers' are not the main problem here and how you purposefully, constantly sht on him.