1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I just realize this about the nets, Eddie and CD.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoT, Dec 31, 2003.

?

How do you rate CD and the scouts lately?

1. Excellent

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Good

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Average

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Next to last in the NBA

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. GoT

GoT Member

I do not know if this has been posted, but I have not seen it anywhere. The nets were the ones that originally drafted him and then traded him for Jefferson, Collins, and Armstrong. Definately, the nets made one hell of a deal. Not only the got a stud on Jefferson, but they waited a couple of years and got Griffin (not to mention on a couple of decent backup players).

With all the recent drafts, the only think we got as positive has been Mobley, & Dickerson (I think the later was a better player before the injuries - of course, he was a first rounder). Dickerson allowed us to obtain Steve Francis, and Mobley has been our tears and cheers. Some of you may say that Yao has been the bigger plus from recent drafts, but we need to thank a lady call luck for that. I am positive that if we did not move up in Yao's draft, we would have picked somebody that was/is a burst.

I think Les is thankfull to CD for winning that second championship with the addition of Clyde; but other than that, CD and his scouts have lately brought only laments to the organization.

I wanted to see other's feelings about CD and the Scouts, so the poll is easy:

How do you rate the work of CD and the Scouts lately?

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Are you retarted or blind, or just oblivious of everything thats said on this board

3. GoT

GoT Member

Dear adeelsiddiqui,

I did not posted the info as news. I posted it as the coincidence that the Nets were the ones ending up with Griffin, and what a nice job CD has been doing in the past. I do not need to be replying like that.

By the way, if you spoke a little Spanish, and met some Brazilians, you will know that you are able to communicate since the two languages are very alike. :p

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

We'll see if Griffin even does anything with New Jersey. So far, all the Nets got out of the deal was Jefferson and a troubled PF. Who cares New Jersey does, let it go. It was nobody's fault that Griffin suddenly decided to stop working hard and self-destruct and get into legal trouble and stop showing up to team practices.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Arrite.. My bad for coming on as too harsh, and Im sorry. but every single thread bout Eg has already stated this tons of times. Im just a little pissed about how shafted the rockets got.

And that quote wasnt writtne by me. It was written by someone else, and posted on another website. I just liked the context of it

O yea, I do speak some spanish, Spanish 4 honors. And I know 2 brazillian Girls. I can make no sense of what they speak to each other

6. GoT

GoT Member

What I meant with the introduction of Eddie and the picks in that year, was that everybody knew that Eddie was a first or second pick material, but there were questions about his character, and that is why he slip into the seven pick. Now, CD and his gang decided to take a gamble with him, and once again we paid the price. Furthermore, I think this has been the largest mistake in CD career since we actually wasted three first round draft picks in a single year, and ended up empty handed.