1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I introduced my girlfriend to my friends a couple days ago...she slept with one of them 2 years ago.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Progs, Jun 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

So, basically, the guy is indulging in not just hypocrisy, but audacious hypocrisy...?

Why is this viewed as justification...?

Lastly, women have the same thoughts about men... some or most (depending on your experience) simply aren't as blatant about it..

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Has anyone stopped to think if perhaps she was part of that same circle of friends...? Anyone saw the Drew Carey show...? Same circle of friends... the sole female member slept with two of the three guys...

How about IT by Stephen King...? Almost every guy had a turn with again, the sole female friend of the group... It's not a strange concept... it happens... why it did, doesn't matter...

Finally, why is the burden of refusal being placed on the woman...? A man is just as capable of saying no as a woman, if a man doesn't... then you can't lay any singular blame... All parties are at fault...

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Reality is . . . .we think of women as being better then men
    Morally better . .. . etc

So any woman that behaves like a man is seen as less than both "regular" women and all men. Sh!tty huh?

I think the ideas of Equality was . ..men would become better, women would become equal . .. life would be good.
    instead .. women are still unequal . .and they have devolved to be like men in certain ways. . . . which men [society] use to justify more inequality

Rocket River

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

OP's shame is a product of rape culture. He is obviously feeling victimized by his friend's penis/doesn't want to be reminded of the fact that his girlfriend has banged around.

Your friend is obviously not that close to you or you would have found this out in the beginning of your dating.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

This is all self-serving delusional thinking... Self-improvement is all dependent on the individual, not a gender... Society is warped in it's "one approach/style/philosophy/way of life should fit all" attitude.... Social and legal equality should have nothing to do with how one comports in their personal life... likewise, how one behaves in their personal life should have no effect on how someone's viewed by the workforce or legal system(short of doing something that's actually physically/psychologically harmful to another human being)...

Obviously it does... that, however, doesn't mean it's right... or, that would should reference a sick society's flawed approach as a reasonable argument, or justification for us to do the same...

It's like saying just because I have incredibly high standards of myself and others... everyone should have them... and if they don't, then it's okay for me to mistreat or dismissively label anyone that fails to do so...