1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to LOVE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Mar 4, 2018.

1. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Consummate professional. Hope he retire as a Rocket

saleem and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

My fav Rocket. Takes on the toughest defensive assignment every night, knocks down his 3's, veteran leadership, locker room presence, calming influence

I hope he retires a ROCKET

hajkov and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Ariza getting those 2-3 weeks off was big for him. Dude has consistently logged a ton of minutes every season here. The reason why he has been so successful in his career is that he understands his role and doesn't try to do anything outside of it. The one year he did (his first go around with Houston) it was what the staff wanted him to do and it didnt work out well.

With the additions of Luc most importantly and guys like Johnson and Green Ariza has been able to rest more. Since coming back from injury Ariza has averaged 31.6 minutes a game which is way down from his season average of 34.6. He just looks a lot fresher out there and has his legs under him when shooting. Ariza has always been not afraid to take a tough shot either which is going to be big in the playoffs when teams crowd Harden and Paul they have someone that they can rely on.

Seriously losing Chandler Parsons was one of the luckiest moments for this franchise

seeingred and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Trevor would be so much better if he played less minutes. We need to cut his minutes to 25 to conserve his energy. He isn't a spring chicken anymore.

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I said this in the Celtics game thread, I'm glad Ariza fixed his driving mechanics.

I dreaded watching him drive to the basket with that awkward torso twist motion going sideways, which almost always resulted in a miss or blocked shot. Now, Ariza goes straight parallel to the basket and gets easy layups. I love his newfound aggressiveness to attack the basket and finish strong.

saleem likes this.
  6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I call BS, more then half the people wanted prince Luc to get the start when Ariza came back and now are all frolicking back to Ariza..

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I rather have Metta World Peace.

...wrong year? Oops.

8. eslate22

eslate22 Member

always go full thug ariza

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Always love me some contract year Ariza

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This might be the only thing we disagree on......... I think you've changed bro!!! haha.

I like Luc way better. Ariza dribbling, shot selections ......... ahh drives me nuts sometimes.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's looking SMOOTH when he's not having to play 40mpg and guard 2 people at once.

seeingred likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

absolutely no way luc should be a full time starter. hes never been fully productive in that role. he has the perfect role here on a winning team and in the average time he gets on a nightly basis, where the rockets can benefit from his contributions

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member