1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to LOVE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Seriously... give this man a standing ovation. Truly a professional. A class act. A hard working individual. I know it was a collective team effort win versus the Celtics the other night for our 15th win in a row, but my goodness, that 3 to tie it from the assist by CP3 and then the in lane steal on Kyrie + the layup to give us the lead very late in the 4th. What a series of fortunate events. Ariza keeps on producing. Long live Ariza!

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

As much as people overreact to Harden and every move he makes, people should realize by now he isn’t winning anything by himself. Ariza made the big play in the big moment this time. And we’re going to need him to do it again to win a chip.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Arizas #1 is gonna hang in the rafters

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

sure but can he dribble doe?

5. MONON

MONON Member

What's not to love about 5 points in 10 seconds plus him firing up the crowd? :D

don grahamleone and chadyang like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on board for this, just to see Robert Horry and Tracy McGrady's faces.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He is easily our 4th most important player after Harden, Capela and Paul. That’s saying something bc we are so balls deep

D-rock and chadyang like this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

remember when people on here were saying gerald green should get ariza's minutes lol

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wouldn't say easily. Gordon would have to be somewhere in the conversation for 4th. The guy had a little to do with winning that game also.

HakeemOnlyFan, D-rock and bluffkin like this.
  10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I completely agree that Gordon, Anderson and Luc should all be mentioned. But Ariza is consistently healthy, so good from the 3 especially this year along with the fact that he can guard 1-4 at an elite level makes him so important to our team

11. seeingred

seeingred Member

I've been so used to him doing the dirty work with a stoic expression. He's rarely showed emotion (other than anger) on this 2nd tour with the rockets. Usually as the season drags on his legs go as does his shot.

This year seems totally different. He's smiling more than ever before, his 3pt and FT % are up, his drives to the hoop look less spastic. Great chemistry and fresh legs from his time rehabbing have done wonders but i also thinks he sees it: this year we got a shot.

Dankstronaut and don grahamleone like this.
  12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Who remembers his corner threes killing us in the playoff series against the lakers in 08/09?

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The GG pickup is why the Rockets are sitting at #1 right now. They would have 4-5 more losses without him. That said, the talk of him getting Ariza's minutes was just pure nuts.

I think Ariza's injury has been good for him and the team.

Lastly, I just wish Ariza would NEVER shoot 3-pointers after dribbling. Seems like he's ~20% when doing so. When he shoots without dribbling, it's closer to 60%.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He is going to want to be here next year... wouldnt give him anything more than the MLE

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trevor's having a great time. You can see it. So are Luc and PJ. They're flipping out being on a team like this. Ariza's been here awhile. Lots of ups and downs, and now it's all come together. They're all friends who are having a great time just killing teams. I don't know how long this will last, but I hope they keep riding the wave.

seeingred, don grahamleone and Game7 like this.
  16. Game7

Game7 Member

That would be amazing!!! In reality, his catch and shoot 3 percentage is a hair over 43%. Pull up 3s is more like 25%. His season average is around 39%. All that being said...I think he knows what he is good at and is doing just fine.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I have grown to love Prince My Bootay...............

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Threeza is a Winner!

20. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We would probably have lost to the Celtics without him.