1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yep... this is true

2. rocketsmetalspd

Trevor is playing his first year as starter and getting starter minutes which he had done up to this year. It will take him a little more time for him to get used to playing starter minutes and I believe he will get it going soon. Plus side he is young and get only better with the experiences he is getting now.

3. Asian Sensation

It's not his fault that we're forcing him to be the number 1 or 2 option every night. He's supposed to be option 4 maybe 3 at best granted 1 and 2 are really good.

4. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Ariza is not and will never will be a "feature" player. He's a solid role player and nothing more. I think the Rockets are foolish to give him the universal green light. He does not create because he can't dribble. And right now his confidence is shot with his jump shooting. Adelman needs to pull the reigns back a bit on him, and let him stick to shooting only wide open 3s.

Bottom line is he's just trying to do too much and it's getting him out of his comfort zone. Now it's between the ears...

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Oh, Battier misses a lot, Brooks is slumping down to 43% from the field(down from 45%) and you dont see any hate on that. Heck, everyone loves Chase but he misses 6 out of every 10 shots from the field. Andersen has been in a minor slump as well but nobody is angry. They are upset at Ariza's effort and shot selection. If he took away his thinkaboutit shot and finished a bit better around the rim he would raise his 3% by about 2 or 3 and raise his overall FG by 4-5. I mean, 38% and 31% vs 42% and 34%? One is solid, the other is Raferlike.

6. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

It is his fault he is missing shots, layups and playing poor D. And no one is putting as gun to his head and telling him to take 3 after 3 or do that damn 'fake-left-go-right' ALL THE TIME!!!!

7. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

I believe if other did it to the volume Trevor is, the reception would be different. Others will actually pass up shots when they are not feeling it.

8. herro

herro Member

this is what happens when you almost lock down a triple double for your team but happen to shoot 30% from the field in Houston

I guess this city has seen its share of inefficient volume scorers...which Ariza isn't billed as, but is being forced to pursue due to lack of a couple oft-injured stars

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Whose fault to allow him to play that? His playtime is the longest in our team. Why don't cut his minutes?

Ariza is who he is.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

For so many people saying the coaching staff knows what they are doing, which most of the time I agree...what do they think of Ariza's minutes and play. How is his play earning among the highest MPG in the league. BS I tell ya, they are feeding us all BS.

11. Asian Sensation

Hakeem Olajuwon is not walking through that door, fans. Moses Malone is not walking through that door, and Clyde Drexler is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their asses off.

We're 18-13 with some $40 + million unaccounted for. I hope your not blaming Rick for the minutes Ariza is getting.

12. BucMan55

Only Battier passes them up with any kind of regularity, or if the player doesn't make a clean catch. My dad used to tell me never shoot a bad pass. I often find myself saying "NOO" when a Rocket shoots a bad pass. Battier seems the most adept at making a "bad pass" shot though.

The whole offense has been told to not pass up an open shot they get. Ariza has also been told he's the primary option or something so I guess he takes it more to heart to not pass up a shot. I just wish he would only shoot on catch and shoot or on the move. Dont think about it for 5 seconds then throw up a bad shot. If you got it, take it. If not, pass it. Or *gasp* drive.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because you were very mature in your Original post.

14. BucMan55

Who else you gonna give them to? Budinger is hurt. Taylor is not quite ready despite his nice dunk yesterday. Battier is a lot older than Ariza. Harris is too new to the team. Did anyone notice Ariza's minutes going DOWN before Chase got hurt?? Does anyone notice them going UP now?? When you hear hooves, think horses not zebras. Chase's injury is causing Ariza's minutes to begin to go up now.

15. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

I made a stated my basketball opinion of a player with sufficient evidence and which i have the right to do.

16. SunsRocketsfan

if he was a rookie than maybe yes give him some slack. but history tells us players at his age dont improve much.. so what we see is what we get .. he needs to be the 4th to 6th on a team.. just play D . and slash and get some steals provide some energy.. a consistent player he is not

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The problem with all this "he'll get it going" talk is that the opposite is happening. He is progressively worse each month and in the last couple of games it's gotten "you don't belong in the NBA" bad for Trevor. He can't hit the broad side of a barn and you can see him pouting and fussing more each game. Something has to change because his confidence and attitude stink right now.

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Well, before today, I would have said McGrady, but yeah...I'd give them to everyone else. I actually do say give Taylor some more minutes. Is this season about development as so many are declaring? Then develop him too.

19. BucMan55

I think if Harris and Taylor start to get it going a bit more you might see them giving Rick a chance to sit Ariza. Budinger is hurt, and hopefully when he gets back he can start to get upwards of 20+ minutes per game. Take the pressure off of Ariza. It's clearly getting to him. Rick really has nobody to take those minutes since Shane is old, Brooks cant play 48, and Taylor and Harris are causing more harm even with Ariza's poor play.

20. BucMan55

I am hoping this is the case. I think Rick wants to put the best product on the floor for the Rockets, while still looking to next season. That's why T-Mac didnt get any run. But hopefully Taylor or Harris can start to get it going with more practices.