1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

I was all for letting Ron Artest go, he was a ball stopper, and he clearly thought he was greater than he really was. So, when we got Ariza i thought he would come in and try to stick to his strengths in an effort to be a consistent contributor. Come to find out we've replaced Artest with..... a worst Artest.

He's shooting more per game at a lesser percentage from the field, 3pt line and from the freethrow line. In addition, he's getting less steals, more fouls and more turnovers.

-His defense is average at best

-He dribbles like he has no strong hand

-Gambles too much

-Has no conscious

-Habitual lay-up smoker

In the first quarter against the Cavs we started off blazing their lax defense going through Brooks, then for some odd reason we decided to force-feed Ariza. I sat in disgust as he missed shot after shot and our lead dwindled to a deficit. I dont want to hear about his youth and promise. As a first, second or third option, he is trash. Hot garbage. Butt-cheeks. Self-check.

There is not a single thing that he does well that would lead me to believe he has the potential of a bud into a star.

In conclusion, I Hate Trevor Ariza.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Hate is such a strong word, but I agree. Give someone else the shots.

4. Yak

Yak Member

This is a new and exciting topic.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Perhaps another TMac thread? haha
    Or how about bringing back some Rafer threads?

6. amaru

amaru Member

Developmental year.

7. herro

herro Member

no way guys Artest can't play defense or offense anymore he lost about 12 steps so he's not elite on the wing anymore

disregard his frontrunner status as DPOY

still...just give Ariza time

Artest was, and is a damn good player and replacing him entirely with a youngster isn't easy.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am pretty sure Adelman's offense requires a player shooting a horrible percentage and taking ridiculous shots. This was probably calculated. No wonder Hughes is a target. We need another chucker off the bench to keep things balanced.

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

can we also talk about firing JVG!
    Trading Cato

and letting Sura fall in a faint

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm down on Ariza also. I'm sick of the excuse that Adelman is forcing him to do things he cannot do. Nobody is out there making him blow layups or get beat off the dribble or try to split double-teams unsuccessfully or shoot free throws like Shaq. EVERY player is being asked to do everything they can while staying within the confines of what their skills allow them to do. Ariza is the only one failing.

The worst part is that his attitude appears to be going downhill as fast as his shooting percentage.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I think everyone could live with the shots not falling. Yesterday he missed some gimmes and it was obviously grating on him. The thing that bugs most of us is that he doesnt seem to be giving the same effort he was in the beginning of the year. Maybe the minutes are wearing him down. Maybe this is his norm and he was just playing over his head the first month. Perhaps its the redundancy of being on the floor with Battier at the same time.

Either way, I really think with Chase coming back he will be able to take some minutes away. They are using Taylor in those minutes now but Chase is much more effective so it doesnt hurt the team as much. Hopefully doing so will enable Ariza to get it going again.

12. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

and just what is he going to develop into?

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Hate is too strong, I don't hate anyone. However, I certainly want his minutes to be deeply curtailed to a maximum of 30 per game, tops. Preferably less.

14. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

im not too sure about that.

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

Ariza is not perfect, but it is only 31th games in his first season as Rockets. Man, you are too young to be patient. Grow up quickly, with Ariza!

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

These days if you play for the Rockets you are guaranteed to be hated at some point.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

good complementary player...we've yet to see him in that role in houston. give him a chance

18. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

hmm a nice mature personal attack because my opinion differs huh. I see.

19. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

Very well put.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You shouldn't hate Ariza. He is who he is. Instead, you should hate the people who allow Ariza to play like that...