1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Have Grown To HATE Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Oct 5, 2019.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My general dislike for the owner is evolving rapidly.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Completely wrong and something I addressed here

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Individual humans expressing their opinion isn't policing the world. Stop it. You are embarrassing yourself and I really feel sympathy for the Uighur population. Do you?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Now you are moving the goal posts, but that's to be expected. I said the US likes to delude itself that it is the police for Earth you brought in some asinine comment about military intervention which was patently false.

I am not embarrassing myself because I know what I stand for. Of course I am sympathetic to the Uighur population, but that has absolutely jack **** to do with a representative and spokesperson of a basketball organization expressing a political opinion. If you can't differentiate between the 2, that's not my fault.

roslolian and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

The title of his book is the most revealing thing he's done and the biggest barrier to us liking him.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Why can't a basketball organization express a opinion again? Are you debating for their own self interest with their bottom line being hurt if they do or are you actually trying to make a moral argument that a basketball organization can't make a statement about human right violations?

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The latter, because basketball is not politics. Human rights is wholly politics as there is no actually legitimate legislative government that controls the planet. In fact, the so-called human rights changes on which country or culture or even individual you ask. The Rockets are not a political group. They are a professional sports team, something that is and should always be separate from political views and agenda. Basketball is not a platform for political agenda. The moment people like you selfishly involve something that is supposed to transcend ethnicity, politics, and civic disputes is the moment you are trying to ruin it.

roslolian and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

The moment you try to restrict humans to not being able to express their opinions and paint them as morally repugnant is the death of Individual humans rights.

You obviously were raised in a different culture. There is no moral argument to be made that only a select class of people can express opiniona on human right violations.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Both human rights and morals are things that individual societies and cultures have come up with and changed on whim throughout the course of human history. I have my own opinions and morals, but I certainly won't be pushing them on other people.

"There is no moral argument to be made that only a select class of people can express opiniona on human right violations."

See, this is the disconnect that you have with what you are trying to argue against. No one ever said anything about a select class of people. Whether or not Morey can express his opinion or not on human right violations has nothing to do with class. It has to do with the fact that he did so on a platform that he uses to represent the Rockets organization and by doing so, involved people who were not even part of it.

10. fchowd0311

Daryl Morey expressed his own opinion. He never stated that this is the official stance of the Rockets. And if the Rockets did make an official stance to distance themselves from a nation that holds 2 million people in camps forcing them to leave their religion, I would be an even more proud Rocket fan.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The problems are that 1. he never made it clear that it was his own personal opinion despite using the platform all the time for Rockets business and 2. I would be thoroughly disappointed if the Rockets did make that stance as they are now taking a political stance.

As a history enthusiast, I do have to admit feeling some level of amusement of this outrage regarding the situation with China and concentration camps of Muslims. It wasn't too long ago (in relation to world history) that the US did the same exact thing to the Japanese people living in the US, citizenship be damned, after the Pearl Harbor bombing. It's also similar to how we decry other nations from developing nuclear warheads out of fear of them not having the discipline to not use it when the US is the only country in the entire history of the US to actually use nuclear weapons against fellow man during a war.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

And I would be thoroughly disgusted at any human who thinks making a statement that detaining 2 million humans and forcing them to deconvert from their religion is morally repugnant as a morally repugnant action.

**** off bootlicker. Now go ahead and start your whataboutisms about US autrocities. At least we can vote out regimes and vocally discuss our disgust in morally repugnant behavior from our government unlike the government you are bootlicking for.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Where have I ever said what China is doing is correct. In fact, I have only expressed the opposite, but clearly you are too caught up in the moment of self-righteousness to actually realize that.

14. fchowd0311

Trying to shut down organizations and Individual humans from expressing their opinion on morally repugnant human autrocities over shitty arguments about how sports are "pure" is bootlicking for human for rights violators.

It's your sentiments multiplied by a million amongst other bootlickers why China feels they can do what they do with impunity.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, that's your personal opinion which a lot of sports lovers would disagree with quite honestly. You need to get off your soap box and stop trying to push your own personal ideologies on others.

16. fchowd0311

Expressing opinions is not pushing ideology on others.

Imprisoning 2 million humans and forcing them to deconvert from their religion is what actually forcing ideologies on to others looks like.

People have become such snowflakes that merely hearing an opinion is grounds to b**** about having that opinion forced upon them.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

lol ok

18. fchowd0311

And I guess you ran out of half assed bootlicking arguments.

Now go cry in a corner because I'm forcing my opinion on you because I merely expressed them.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't get the point of your post. You are right sports is not purely a money-making enterprise but at the end of the day it is still a money-making enterprise. Why should the Rox lose china money due to the political view of its GM? Morey is hired to make bball decisions not make political stands on twitter smh. Of course he is entitled to support what he wants on his personal twitter but Fertita and the Rox org arent supposed to have his back politically.

HK stand is admirable, but at the end of the day Tillman Fertita is a citizen of the USA and has no beef or interest in the political situation of both China and HK. If Morey wants to take a stand with the HK patriots then thats up to him by why should Fertita back up his political beliefs? So you are telling me if Morey was a democrat and liked an Obama tweet Tillman has to support him otherwise he is gutless and spineless?

I dunno how Tillman failed Morey and the Rockets by not supporting Hongkong and I dunno why Morey should be offended Tillman didnt support him in his stand with HK.

This is just as ridiculous as the chinese no names saying goodbye and leaving CF lmao!

jcf likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not paying league pass ergo paying the NBA ergo paying the Rox to give me its opinion on the China-HK issue. That's why the Rox can't express its opinion because it isnt receiving money to make political stands its getting my money to play bball and run bball operations. If I want a reasoned political opinion on the China-HK debate I would search google and not look up the Houston freaking Rockets.