1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I HAVE GROWN TO HATE JOSH SMITH

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Mar 2, 2016.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

At first, I was glad we brought him back. We needed some help at the four and his passing and playmaking gave us something we did not have before but my gosh he can not hit a jumper to save his life and his defense and conditioning is not where it needs to be. I'm glad Dmo is the starter now, and hopefully we can find a way to cut Josh's minutes even more because he can go 5-60 and will still shoot the ill-advised shot. I can't take it anymore.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How original

3. jVgOwnsYou

With Clint, Beasley, Dmo, Harrell, why play a guy who shoots 20 percent?

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree with your concerns. I'm referring to your thread title. :cool:

5. jVgOwnsYou

LOL After this season there will probably be a thread title like this for every player on the roster.

6. Moahst

Moahst Member

Thank goodness we got Super Cool Beas. He will surely relegate Josh Smith to the bench. ;)

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Ideally, neither Josh or Terrence steps on the court again this season. Hopefully DMo continues to improve, Beasley's in shape mode carries him in front of Smith, and... Was going to say Harrel moves to 3rd PF, but that doesn't mean anything and he's unlikely to play over Jones and Smith anyway.

8. SuperNamek

SuperNamek Member

Idiotic post. Josh Smith shooting 3s and shooting a poor percentage is nothing new. Poor shooting+Good play making + good man defense is what makes Josh Smith Josh Smith for 12 years. He'll go thru stretches where his shot is decent and stretches where he stinks. He is MR INCONSISTANT. You gotta expect poor shooting like you do Harden's turnovers and Dwight's Freethrows.

I'm a Hawks Fan. I've watched every Josh Smith game as a Atlanta Hawk. He always been like this.

If the team begins to play better he'll play better. No need to been concerned.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I bet you're right.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith plays good man defense? He might, If he could find his man...

11. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

who is smarter beasley or smif ?

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Wait, what? What's the point of having depth on a team, at each position, if you don't use it throughout a game, as well as throughout the season? We all know that you are a major DMo fan. That's great and all, but in terms of the TEAM, having players like Josh,TJ and Montrezl allows DMo to slowly work his way back into the rotation, without overextending himself to the point of another injury.

Like you, I'm glad DMo is back. But, it's only been a few games, and he may not put up the numbers we'd like until much later on. TJ hasn't been good this season, but there have been points where he's been inserted into the game, and he's been able to produce. It may not be at dominant levels, but it gives guys time to rest, or in DMo's case, to get an injury breather. You don't want TJ or Josh to step onto the court for the rest of the season? Riiight. Josh hasn't played well of late, but unlike TJ,MH or Clint, Josh is more of a threat on offense. I'm sure you haven't noticed, but Josh is a decent passer from the top of the key and he's a formidable defender in the post. When he's paired with Dwight, the two do a pretty good job of rebounding and protecting the rim.

Beasley is going to take a hot minute to get used to things here. When you sign a new player, you don't just throw him into a game for heavy minutes without allowing him to acclimate to things. It doesn't work that way, nor is that strategy good for team morale. When you're building chemistry--a point of struggle on the Rockets this season--you respect the roles of the players currently on the roster, and at the same time, slowly incorporate the new guys into the system. JB may be a lot of things, but he's not going to destroy team morale by NOT playing guys just because DMo has returned or because we've signed Beas for the remainder of the season.

Admittedly, we are pretty weak at the 4 spot, and that's with DMo. Until he's able to put up decent numbers over consecutive games, we're better off playing the combination of 4s that we have. Each of our forwards brings something different to the game, but by themselves, we're still lacking the most at that position, mainly due to injuries and player personnel.

If we make the playoffs, I'll be thankful for DMo's strong offense in the post, Josh's veteran experience on both ends (including his underrated passing) and the opportunity for TJ to come in and play some quality minutes, which he has done PLENTY of times. WHen he plays, Beas can spread the floor on the offensive end. Montrezl and Clint are the wildcards because of their raw talent.

We're better off playing each guy in the RIGHT situation, rather than limiting our chances by benching guys just for the hell of it.

13. jVgOwnsYou

Comparing Josh's shooting to Harden's turnovers is idiotic. At least you know James is going to net 30 points and get 7 dimes with those 5 turnovers. When Smith is 15 of his last 63(23 percent) and he's a PF, you have to look somewhere else.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's only 30, but he really looks a lot older than that

15. jVgOwnsYou

Sounds like Dwight, you know, his old AAU team mate.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I know you are Terrence Jones fan.

If Josh Smith doesn't play, Terrence Jones will get tons of playing time.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

[​IMG]

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not defending Smith but he looks like he's been playing hurt for the last week. Dragging his right leg.

19. jVgOwnsYou

I would actually like to see more Harrell.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

We sure GROW fast around here...at least once a week