1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So it will take a coach to make you want to go out and give your best on both ends of the court... That's something you do for kids in elementary level and not for a pro, never the less a so called superstar.

I think Harden has all the skills to be one of the best, but he doesn't have the mental attitude.

Any coach that comes in will motivate him for a while, but after a while he will fall right back into his old habits. Harden is who he is...

This same conversation was stated about Joe Barry Carroll.. He had all the skill in the world, but there was no coach out there that could motivate him enough to give his all... He was who he was...

T_Man

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden does not have it all to be the best, Monta has it all. JK.

Harden said in a recent interview his body is only build to sustain 40 minutes of playing time and that it can only allow him to score points, being effective on Offense.

3. ibm

ibm Member

if that's indeed the case, then he's not "the one". he has to admit it and the team needs to take that into account when building a roster.

4. ibm

ibm Member

this post of yours can be summarized in one sentence: our chance of winning will be greatly improved if we had another all star player such as jimmy butler.

i dont think no one can dispute that.

but why stop there? how about let's have stars at all 5 starter positions? that'd make things even better, wouldnt it?

however you forgot one thing, tho. and that is - not having a third star is not, and should never be the excuse of not playing hard every minute he plays and on both ends of the floor.

so again, you're making a moot point here. sorry.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He stated that he tried Defense and it would cost him too much stamina.

He should have sought counsel somewhere how to balance out his style of playing, playing both sides equally, he does not have to dominate offensively

That is just all flash no substance

I am not sure the leopard can change its spots, the offense that he has fallen so much in love with has got to change

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Did you forget Dmo? He's the 20 ppg scorer next to Harden.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I guess dream, jordan, kobe, didn't play both ends of the court. Harden needs to get slapped across the head. I am ready to trade the guy if he doesn't change his ways really soon. Tmac may have been a b**** but at least he tried to play D when needed. There is a reason why in game 6 against the Clippers, James Harden sat the rest of the 4th and we won. There is also a reason why we finally got out of the first round in the Yao era when Tmac was down. Team ball and everyone playing defense wins the game. No one had to compensate for anyone. If Chicago would take Harden for Butler, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this post is strong

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should stop playing man defense on big ass conchitas and start doing it in the game.

Khloe said: "Dayum, never knew my vag had that much power over the performance of James."

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Chicago prob would do that trade so if you were the Gm you would get your wish. But jimmy butler is most def a robin, he's good but to mvp 1st team all NBA good like JH. Harden might not have the mindset of a batman but his game is most assuredly one.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your right every other star we wish we could trade JH for doesn't play with 2 other allstar Max level players, your right I was wrong about that it wouldn't make a difference at all in his performance on both sides.

Thank you for pointing that out for me mister international business machines.

Your so smart.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would trade JH for KD. Serge Ibaka is not all all star or a max player.
    I would trade JH for AD. Zero other all stars in that NOP roster.
    I would possibly trade JH for Westbrook or PG. Again both don't have 2 other all star max players

And so on

So yes you're wrong.

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

How's it wrong to suggest we need more All-Star caliber players on the team? I mean even LeBron decided to ditch the Cavs for Miami when he realized he didn't have enough help to win and only came back to play with Love and Kyrie.

Jordan needed Pippen to win. Durant and Westbrook play together. Both the Warriors & Spurs will likely have 3 all stars this year.

Ariza, Beverley, Jones & the ghost of Dwight is an atrocious supporting cast. Replace James with any player in the League and they aren't winning with that team.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade him for any great team player. Our team is so much more fun to watch with Harden on the bench. He is more useful if he can mop the sweat off the floor with his beard than he is ball hogging with taking so many shots.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I take it you didn't see the 1st Q of tonight's game? You should read the start of the Game Thread if you don't believe Harden made the game fun to watch today.

No wonder you started that stupid thread. You didn't see the game, and just looked at the box score.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The offense gets very stagnant when Hardens out most of the time, players don't cut, no drive and dishes, lot of one on one

I think the answer to this is getting the ball INSIDE. And I definitely do not mean post up Howard, but pick and rolls, drive and dish to cutters and 3 pt shooters, alley opps, Dmo post ups and only when Howard gets GREAT position should we throw it in to him with his back against the basketball. The more we get the ball inside, the more our offense fires up.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Kobe? where the hell did you get that kobe played defense???? Am I also the only one who has missed all the finals butler has made it to while playing in a garbage conference?

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Last time I checked an NBA game is 4 quarters. So by your logic 1 good quarter > 3 bad quarters?

You have much to learn, young padawan

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Um last time I checked KD plays with Westbrook and ibaka? What's your point? RW is maxed out as well ass KD. Ibaka is a a deandre Jordan caliber player and he makes 15 mil a year.

PG doesn't play with anyone your right and I bet you his team doesn't go further than the rockets this year there for proving my point. His numbers are also starting to drop from ppg to fg%. I bet the Rockets end up with a better record than the pacers at years end.

AD? Give me a break his teams the 2nd worst in the entire western conference hes really doing a stellar job rallying his team? His whole team just got called out in the media by there own coach for giving up and playing with not effort.

You failed or you just don't no what your talking about either way you made no sense.

Of course I would trade JH for KD but that's stupid no one here is arguing that. PG, RW, AD? No thanks.

RW plays .500 basketball without KD, AD team is one of the worst in the league and PG plays on an over achieving team that's coming back to earth.

JH lead Houston to a 27-14 record with DH out last year playing with Ariza, DMO, Tarik black, Bev, brewer, smith, cannan, terry. That was his supporting cast in that stretch with all of them being in and out of the lineup thru trades or Injuries during that span of 41 games. JH can win basketball games period you can disagree because of our 14-14 record thru 28 games but my sample size is much larger.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The entire 2nd Quarter was Hack a Shaq tactics. The Rockets weren't exciting during that crap, obviously. Did you watch the game?

Harden had a great facilitating game, when Hack a Shaq wasn't happening. The first quarter was off-the-chart fun to watch, because of him.

So, you believe that we are more fun to watch when Harden is sitting? Is he always fun to watch like most of last year, of course not. Our team has problems. But this game was a reminder of what Harden can do and this team.

Only a box score reader would bump this thread after this game. lame