1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE how Christian Wood plays basketball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Get used to Wood, because the Rockets are working to keep him here well past next season. Look for an extension this offseason.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I'll fly to the States & set myself on fire in front of the Toyota Center.
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, Ramo$e and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

it sucks for tate . dude needs to be getting some reps in to keep his perimeter defense sharp . Hes banging all the time due to wood.

wood needs to do roids

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Box out. Rebound. And setting picks.
    Things wood does not like doing. Hell he doesn't even like guarding people his size, forcing shorter teammates to do it.

Get this dude off the team

hakeem94, aaquaa and mac_got_this like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Going 3 of 13 from the free throws line was the final straw. I can’t even get excited when dude actually does something positive. I feel the same way about him that I feel about Wall. And I was actually high on. I was more excited for Wood than Sengun or Green coming into the season becaus I was excited to see how he would improve his game
    This season.

Corrosion, ROXTXIA and aaquaa like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep. He shoots threes but his free throws are painful. A complete joke.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I hate Sideshow Bob. This motha****a needs to go!

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Wood is officially the worst free throw shooter in the NBA right now and it’s not even close. His percentage is over 5% worse than the next closest worst shooter in the league. That’s completely inexcusable. To put it in perspective, that’s approaching a Shaquille O’Neal level of futility at the line. He honestly should be ashamed at this point.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sadly….

Wood : 59.2%
    Porter Jr : 59.3%

I guess Porter doesn’t qualify for the “leaderboard” because of attempts, but yeesh. Both in our starting lineup. Tate is a terrible shooter and is managing 71% from the line. Those two have no excuse.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Green and KPJ should steal rebounds from Wood just so he doesn't play fake point guard

jcmoon and Corrosion like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

I had to look up that KPJ free throw stat because I didn't think it could be right. Whoo boy.

These two tank commanders are the real MVPs ensuring we get one of Banchero, Chet or Smith.

hakeem94, palmsnbananas and Corrosion like this.
  12. R=$

R=$ Member

Sit Wood, sign Willie Cauley-Stein!

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm torn on Wood .... Offensively I think he's a unique player, a mismatch for just about any defender but defensively he's just bad, terrible bad (defending bigs) but competent at defending wings & guards.

I hope they land Chet or Jabari in the draft cause I'd really like to see Wood next to a big man who plays quality "Big Man Defense".

I like Sengun but he's not a quality defender from the position, I think he eventually moves to the 4 spot once he improves his 3 ball.

jcmoon, Hank McDowell and D-rock like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m right there with you. You can’t win with the current state of our bigs. Wood needs significant help when it comes to guarding anything inside, and they don’t have it. Even when they did have it though, it didn’t work. Theis was known as a pretty decent defender, but playing him with Wood was a disaster. The bottom line I think is that Wood needs to evolve and they also need to scheme better to help overcome his massive defensive liabilities in the paint. Right now, it doesn’t look like they have any answer at all for that though. Wood might need to ultimately become a situational player that comes off the bench as an offensive spark rather than a starter. He’s just not a complete enough player to win with right now.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

On street courts and rec leagues, there is always this pretty tall skinny dude that is very skilled for his size. He'll hit 3s, can handle the ball, and difficult for anyone to guard. However, he doesn't like to play defense, likes to pretend he's a point guard, spends 10-15 seconds isoing his man, and doesn't pass.

Christian Wood is a rich man's version of this type of player. He plays like he's in the rec league, where fundamentals like passing the ball in transition isn't necessary.

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/in...ne-critical-ingredient-boston-juggernaut-rise

Hank McDowell and J.R. like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wood, when motivated is elite....the problem is he coasts.....that is on the coach and the players or leadership on the floor.

If the Rockets had leadership ANYWHERE he would be called out and be playing harder.

This team is satisfied with losing....hate it.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot be elite until he plays an elite tourney that are the Playoffs!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

everybody's coasting in this org...even the fans, they dont show up to games and i still have to meet a rockets fan that is not ok with intentional losing...pro tank stance is like a normal thing for an average fan... even if, occasionally, you can find a fan that is, nominally, anti-tank...but just nominaly....
    we got what we deserve...
    pro tank people have no room to criticize c wood...hes doing exactly what they want...you asked for it...

snowconeman22 likes this.