1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE ALL THE EXCUSES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

isnt OP the eggball weirdo?

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

OP has never had a positive post. That's why I keep him on ignore! Enough negativity in the world as it is. Yeah the Rockets suck right now, but it won't last forever. Some of you would complain if we were undefatted.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wouldnt complain if i was defatted.

I probably need that after Thanksgiving anyway.

5. OpportunityCost

Not if you replace him with a McHale clone.

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Sure, the reason Clutch made that post is because that loser FTW created the Fire McHale thread in the first place.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

What will today's excuse be?

Add excuses to ways Rockets are lame

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nice bump J.R.

but it's only 50 games......

We're just warming up to get going

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Guy, by post-season they'll be good to go!! Just have to make the playoffs :rolleyes: LOL

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

After reading only the 1st sentence I knew that was an "article" by Jerome Solomon. Man, he sucks.

Not saying he's wrong cuz I haven't read it, but he just sucks in general.

12. RCPM

RCPM Member

Based on what exactly?

13. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Personally I say off the court things and on court. You never see james doing things with teammates like say dwight or marcus. On the court players seem to try more when harden sits. Ex. Game 6 vs clippers.

Idk. Doesn't matter what the reason is, we suck and probably won't figure it out before this season is over.

14. dwhite

dwhite Member

But it's the refs.......

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's true, Harden had the nerve to say it's injuries that still bothers this team, nobody says anything from their lack of effort, hustle and determination. The blaming of the referees couldn't have come at a worse time, because truth is we just weren't supposed to win any of these games. Giving up 123, to the freaking Wizards?? Giving up 130 to the Spurs? Sure they are good, but not that good, they didn't even have freaking Duncan for crying out loud...

Next off-season we will be exactly where we were after acquiring Harden or 2013-2014, only worse. Not a single player on this team is highly coveted, except for Capela as a project and Howard who has a high chance of leaving. Terry will leave, Thornton will definitely not re-sign, Ty will probably be resigned just for the sake of it, Jones will be here, Ariza, Brew, Beverley, Harden, Capela maybe..

I don't see how this is going to end well unless we accept a hard ass coach like Hollins / Thibs with their assistants of choosing, Dwight takes a pay cut, Harden re-commits and we get some real tough minded players. Shake things up Morey and start now while you still have a job..

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I gave him a click because this part at least is fact and shows concisely the start of the problem created this season entirely by our players:

They may have wisened up and matured more now, but without a prolonged practice period, this team will not rescue this season.

Anyone know the practice schedule and if there's a down period in terms of games? Do teams practice during All-star break? I think the Rockets should!

The article mocks the fact that the team needs practice time... but that's typical of the author in not offering constructive criticism. It's true now that the Rockets need practice time which their schedule does not allow.

#76 srrm, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No D, no playoff wins. Wake me up when the hold a team to under 100 and James Harden actually stays in front of his man. When that happens everyone else will play D at another level.

18. rockets13champs

There is a very well possibility we can sink back to the 8 seed

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I bet this is how okc fans feel now lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

L
    Lol

Daddy Long Legs likes this.