1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE ALL THE EXCUSES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I believe you meant Morey, because if the entire issue was really McHale then we wouldn't be still running the exact same offense...with a few rotation differences...

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This.

Mostly bad habits I may add. Anyway this thread is not about McHale. Glad he is gone.

3. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Yep, thats why it seems like the players are like "here play by yourself"

Shows no effort on defense, shows no leadership, jacks up shots, dribbles down the shot-clock or looks like its w/e. If your best player ain't hustling n doesn't care, why the heck would you? Yea its their job, but they're humans after all.

I hope they can get it together, its still early, but it starts with him.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Corrrrrect.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think our goal might be mediocrity again

Not bad enough to haul in a good young draftee(ty Les), however, not good enough for a playoff push

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. Utter purgatory.

7. ibm

ibm Member

habits? what habits? the same habits that got us into the playoffs and made mchale the winningest coach of this franchise?

or did you mean mchale purposefully told and trained harden to slowly walk the ball up using 8 seconds?

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No I wasn't.

McHale was fine until this year, when the players or whatever is wrong with this team happened. It was the right move to fire him, and it was done at the right time.

None of the underlying problems we had with this team left with McHale however. There is still an underlying issue here which we desperately need to fix.

Regardless, my original point stands:

The OP is an idiot, just an absolute moron, incapable of any hint of critical thinking or reasonable thought. Not happy with a play?, he resorts to page one of the idiot's playbook: "find a villain, pick up a pitch fork and go to work screaming and shouting like a child"

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Before the season started, Zach Lowe had an article to rank all NBA teams regarding "watchable level", and he ranked the Rockets as No. 20.

Even though he was very close to pick the Rockets to win it all, at the end he didn't pick the Rockets though.

There were an outcry here about him not thinking the Rockets style of basketball is entertaining and some fans here even laughed at him being an idiot.

Besides the totally unexpected collapse of the Rockets this season so far, and of course the lack of efforts, a bunch of quitters, and a group of clueless dumb asses overall, it is still remain as a fact that : even when this team is winning, this brand of basketball is just brutal to watch.

To some extend, this is not basketball, this is shlt.

I respect the idea of Morey ball, even though people are cursing on him as the team is failing now. I respect analytics because I believe that's basically asking people to do rational things based on known results.

However, the execution of the idea is so poor.

Of course the players should be in blame for the majority, but the coaches and also Morey are not doing their job properly also.

This is a team sport, the way this team runs, there is nothing wrong about the Morey ball idea. But its all forked up to see Harden dribbling the ball by moonwalking across mid court with 17 seconds left and ISO at the top with 2.65 second left and dump it to the wing or just jack up an off balanced 3.

This is not what Morey ball about.

Now since Morey and McHale and whoever the fork is going to coach this team moving forward already knew this, and they still allow it to happen every single forking night, that's their fault.

Basketball is not about seeing a guy filling out his pathetic stat sheets with top 3 in the league in scoring and playing the most minutes in the league while don't even give a fork on the court.

Basketball is about 5 mfkers playing on the court at the same time and put that forking ball into the hole and prevent the other 5 mfkers putting the same ball into our hole.

The day Morey will realize this and starting to address the biggest issue of this team - Harden,

it will be the day the Rocket to turn a new page.

I don't give a fork if we will be like starless and ended up 9-11 at the west for the next 5 years, at least I want to see 5 mfkers actually trying on the court every night and that's what basketball all about.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

McHale should have been fired regardless.
    All for nothing if we dont can JB as well.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Translated: You are saying to be eternally vindictive and dickish, like you, never with anything good to say about anything but misleadingly calling it "criticism".

And this is your attempt again to be a leader of a forum lynch mob

This even omits the fact that your are already WRONG about the team not getting BLATANTLY OBVIOUS criticism top to bottom from EVERYONE. What do you want, a "Ive Grown to HATE the ARENA JANITOR!" thread?

Nice try actually, but no thank you

#51 Shroopy2, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Yep, 100% agree....and the main reason my interest in this forum has really gone downhill.

Still waiting on his "minute" analysis of JB....maybe this is it? Please spare us.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

At this point, you have to think that it is more than just being unprepared. This team has shown some pretty serious flaws. Still possible to be turned around, but some very scary flaws nonetheless. And if they don't turn them around, then we will end up one of the most talented teams in recent memory that misses the playoffs.

Also... I have grown to HATE ALL THE GROWN TO HATE THREADS

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

No matter how bad the Rockets are or will ever be in the future, I never feel embarrassed to wear Rockets gear. Or go to the games. They are my team. They could lose every single game for the rest of the season and I would curse and be mad and yell and maybe even break stuff, but I would still wear their gear. I don't always like all their players and I don't always agree with all of their decisions, but they will always be my team.

Being a sports fan... sometimes it feels like a curse.

15. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

[​IMG]

Don't know why anyone would bother responding to any of the OP's posts... Biggest troll on here. He goes around the forum CAPSLOCKING everything including his stupid name. Dude has never once put together a coherent basketball argument that wasn't full of unprovable, emotion-based stances and vitriol/hate - sure sign of the trollolol.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Go read the fire JB thread, kid.

LMAO and no one cares if your interest has gone downhill. Who are you? A nobody. Who am I? A nobody.

Leave the forum if it doesn't interest you much.

17. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

It was a lot cooler when I made this thread.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I felt this dark energy after the first pre season game. I knew this team would crash and burn

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

D-mo our savior.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fire McHale again!