1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I HATE WINDSTREAM

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sugrlndkid, Dec 28, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

sorry to everyone about starting a new thread, but this is just a rant.

This POS ISP has monopolized sugarland(cant get ATT) and on top of that. I cant even load clutchfans.net. i have to google search the page and get on that way. its ridiculous. I cant stream Netflix. Basically all i can do is email and thats about it. I hate Windstream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And their Customer service is garbage...I wonder how they ended up getting such a huge market, and literally screw over everyone in the area.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Really? I have some friends who live in Sugarland and get Comcast. They actually get Comcast Business class because they tricked/hacked Comcast.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

im back living with my folks at home, and they have ****ty windstream. And since all they really do is read the occasional news article and email, they dont want comcast at the house. Have Dish for some of their foreign channels but thats about it. Argh...time to move out...free rent sucks without legit internet....oh how life has drastically changed in the past 15 years

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I don't understand this wind stream Crap either. Hate that there aren't alternatives to Comcast and wind stream .

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have them too. I have no real complaints except their customer service is sub par and their upload speeds suck.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I thought Windstream was wireless broadband for rural areas, I'm confused that there aren't any standard cable providers out there that would also offer broadband. Separately you could go to Best Buy, get a Clear modem and learn to live without video streaming.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WaveVision is not prize either

Rocket River

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Looks like Comcast is available. Why don't you pay to have Comcast installed in your room?

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Any reason you can't get Comcast? I hate them, but their internet is still decent.

That's Clearwire.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

The consumers have to ****in demand fiber optic until someone provides it

Killing Windstream would feel so good

Too bad most of sugar land doesn't care about fiberoptic Internet speed. As advanced, modern and rich sugar land is, no one really cares about the internet

Well no one really cares much about anything to show it. Maybe besides their self worth as shown on their customized license plates

11. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Yep absolutely had windstream. SLKid what high school did you go to?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

im gonna end up being back in the east coast within a few months, but I was just toughening it out till i get my life and living arrangements settled up there. My folks have been with them for a while...and as long as they can do basic things such as email and newspaper surf, they are fine.

The issue right now is that i cant even get Clutchfans.net to load properly bc of some issue with the broadband in the area with an EST wait-time of unknown...I cant load or stream my netflix right now

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

went to dulles...but my parents home is close to Elkins

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Hey CFers, for those with Windstream how is that working for y'all? Any change in the reviews from the bad ones previously posted in here?

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have Windstream. Other than some spotty upload/download stats sometimes, I don't really have too many complaints.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We had fiber just down the highway in Rosenberg. Had ATT, Xfinity, etc out there.....

It was part of my necessities when we moved to Austin last month....Fiber. I'll never go back to coax....

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Awesome to hear.
    If I may ask what plan do you have w/them? What are you paying for Up/download and how low have the stats gone for you compared to what you're supposed to receive?